FW190 in use with Japanese during WW2

Pzkfw

Only skin action? Might be more nimble / slower with meatball camo... :)

JapaneseFw190.thumb.jpg.f986176ebf2ffd85d0862512be867156.jpg

AKA Venturi

"You can tell a bomber pilot by the spread across his rear, and by the ring around his eye, you can tell a bombadier; You can tell a navigator by his maps and charts and such, and you can tell a fighter pilot - but you can't tell him much!" -523 TFS Fighter Pilots Song Book

FW-190 was never used by Japanese. Aircraft was imported for research and comparative purposes, which helped a lot in creation of the Ki-100:

http://arawasi-wildeagles.blogspot.com/2014/01/japanese-focke-wulf-fw-190.html

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

I agree, that would be my first choice of skin instead of ones that were added.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

• 9 months later...
On 3/27/2020 at 1:08 AM, Hiromachi said:

FW-190 was never used by Japanese. Aircraft was imported for research and comparative purposes, which helped a lot in creation of the Ki-100

No, there was no help in creating Ki-100,I'm sure the latter is simply a temporary measure when Japanese DB engine no longer available. 😼

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/19/2021 at 12:03 PM, KL0083 said:

No, there was no help in creating Ki-100,I'm sure the latter is simply a temporary measure when Japanese DB engine no longer available. 😼

There was no direct help, but studies of the FW-190 contributed to Ki-100 developement. Japanese were not so kin on the airframe itself (other than being a yardstick for their own project), but they studied closely engine mounting solutions. They also didn't had intention of simply making a copy of that piece, they just examined it and used as a reference to save their time on researching something, that was potentially already solved. Also, they did a lot of cross-referencing their own designs with other nations, and that practice was established well in the mid-war, so it was just fitting in their way of comparing their solutions.

• Like 2