Heatblur A-6 Intruder

Frankly, I think everyone's trying too hard to read too much into Wags' statement. It doesn't necessarily have to mean a secret module.

There are known modules for ED already supposed to be in the pipeline after F-16:

- Mil Mi-24P "Hind"

- De Havilland Mosquito

- Messerschmitt Me-262

- Republic P-47D Thunderbolt

- At least 2, perhaps 3 maps, including one free

- Carriers

Every one of those are highly anticipated by their aficionados. It may well be any of these, and it probably is.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I think the next module will be an F-15C EFM. I know Razbam is doing the E, however, the C would be a natural movement based on the tech they have made already. Plus everyone want this module in an expert model

God I hope. Two of my greatest wishes for DCS are this, and the A-10A to get fully modeled. I doubt it’ll ever happen. But it would be great it did.

• 7 months later...

Heatblur, I know it’s asking a lot, but can you comment on the A-6, even if it’s minimal. Really fired up about this and if it will become a module. With the A-7 and F-8 coming to carrier ops, we need the Intruder. Greatly appreciate any info.

Heatblur, I know it’s asking a lot, but can you comment on the A-6, even if it’s minimal. Really fired up about this and if it will become a module. With the A-7 and F-8 coming to carrier ops, we need the Intruder. Greatly appreciate any info.

Who's doing the A-7?

Hb is extremely quiet nowadays. Forrestal, Intruder, tomcat updates..

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hb is extremely quiet nowadays. Forrestal, Intruder, tomcat updates..

I mean its the silence before the storm and all that good stuff. We are pretty much right on the edge for the release of the F-14A and whatever other goodies that come with it (be it campaigns ect) and as the F-14A has less weapon options ect then the B its going to be more or less complete right out the gate aside from bug fixing and tweaking.

As far as play ability is concerned the module is basically done with the drop of the F-14A.

At least thats my stance on it as I have yet to get word on how the Forestall or A-6 will work within DCS...will you need you need the F-14 to be in a mission with either like the WW2 asset pack? or maps, will it be the middle ground like Supercarrier where you can play on the mission but can't interact/land on the Forestall if you don't have the F-14 or will it be like the Chinese Asset pack and you can use them regardless of if you have the JF-17 (or in this case F-14)

Due to these unknowns you can kinda exclude the Forestall and A-6 from the "F-14 DLC" for now and as such yeah, the thing is almost done

Southernbear, no disrespect meant here, but are these your assumptions based off of prior public postings, or are you speaking from experience with someone from the HB team. I do not really disagree, but if it is just opinion, I defer back to my original comment. I wish HB would crack the ice a little on the Intruder.

Who's making the F-8?

Man, just think of it: F-14A, F-8, A-6, A-7, and Forrestal. You've got a late Vietnam-era carrier and air wing, right there. All we need is a Vietnam map to go along with the MiG's that are already out there, and we could totally fire up Yankee Station. A working F-4 would just be icing on the cake.

Man, just think of it: F-14A, F-8, A-6, A-7, and Forrestal. You've got a late Vietnam-era carrier and air wing, right there. All we need is a Vietnam map to go along with the MiG's that are already out there, and we could totally fire up Yankee Station. A working F-4 would just be icing on the cake.

Indeed! Or even a 80's to 90's air wing with legacy Hornets in the mix as well.

Indeed! Or even a 80's to 90's air wing with legacy Hornets in the mix as well.

Yass! For that we would need the upcoming Syria map, as well as a map of Norcape or the GIUK gap/Vestfjord , to fire up those "Hunt for Red October / Red Storm Rising" Cold-War-Gone-Hot scenarios!

I don't know how hard terrains are to do, but a map that included Iceland and part of the West Coast of Norway would be mostly geographic features, and very light on towns / cities and so on. The vast majority of said map would be open ocean.

I don't know how hard terrains are to do, but a map that included Iceland and part of the West Coast of Norway would be mostly geographic features, and very light on towns / cities and so on. The vast majority of said map would be open ocean.

DCS should sub-contract that bit out to Slartibartfast.

Yass! For that we would need the upcoming Syria map, as well as a map of Norcape or the GIUK gap/Vestfjord , to fire up those "Hunt for Red October / Red Storm Rising" Cold-War-Gone-Hot scenarios!

:joystick:

Just need a bit of Scotland and a GR.1B for that to join this awesome setting. :D

Alias in Discord: Mailman

• 3 weeks later...

I remember you guys showing us teasers of an A6 that would be added as AI only. And if I recall correct you left the possibility open for a full module in the future when possible. So what’s the status on the A6?

Edited by Mainstay

g8PjVMw.png

I remember you guys showing us teasers of an A6 that would be added as AI only. And if I recall correct you left the possibility open for a full module in the future when possible. So what’s the status on the A6?

We probably wont see the A-6 AI until like Q2 of next year given how things are going at the moment.

• Like 1