How long has the F-16 been under development?

MobiSev

And let the insane speculation run wild! I predict November 12th!

giphy.gif

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'd imagine the release of the Viper will not clash with the JF-17, rumoured for the 1rst of October. You'd think ED would like not to compete with Deka for cash, especially as the JF-17 is likely a good deal more complete and operational than the F-16. So either ED beats Deka to the punch for sales/cash by a release before the end of this month or the Viper will be released a lot closer to xmas. As for the aircraft carrier module, again is it likely this year and will it clash with the Viper release.

ED already got my cash a long time ago

The F-16 has been available for preorder for months, it's hardly "competing for cash". There is also the fact that while some people are waiting for the JF-17 others have zero interest in it so they are two different markets.

As far as the clashing with the carrier module and releasing the Viper closer to Christmas...me thinks your crystal ball is in need of calibration.

I like yourself per-purchased the Viper on day one, nonetheless there would be some competition for sales if they released in close proximity to each other. As for my clairvoyance, my crystal ball is on the blink and I am currently relying on my waters, which at the moment are about 90 proof.

Oh, ok. Every day of delay yields a more mature product. He's saying Falcon launched with RWR problems. And then something about breakfast. I don't know.

Something like that anyway. English is a funny language.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

''Freehand'' brought the eggs, I was recalling back when that orther F-16 sim was a let down apon release.

I understand but a little unfair to compare to a 21 year old sim on release to this release.

As for lockon I still have 2 mint condition Manuals for lockon :)

I belonged to the Dark Side for many years and enjoyed it very much then come back to DCS for VR.