A-10C and 3 Thrustmaster MFDs.

hawk2495

Alirght, this is going to be fun I think. I've got 3 Cougar MFDs. They all work fine in every plane but the A-10C. My third MFD is greyed out like the other two because of the default bindings. I was wondering if anyone knows a way that I can clear it from the default so I can bind it to something else.

Why is the rum always gone!?!?!?!

What was the fix?

I think you have to manually delete the MFD 1 and MFD 2 default files on the core installation (not Saved Games...).

It happens to me with Harrier.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I think you have to manually delete the MFD 1 and MFD 2 default files on the core installation (not Saved Games...).

It happens to me with Harrier.

That would be it right there.. Didn't cross my mind until I hit submit. Like a great many things that happen in my life.. lol

Another method is to grab the latest drivers, and tell the mfd that it is the third one. Without the latest drivers, the limit was only two mfds.

I did a quick video demonstrating this a few months back.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Another method is to grab the latest drivers, and tell the mfd that it is the third one. Without the latest drivers, the limit was only two mfds.

thanks, will try that as well.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Thank you! That works nicely. Though deleting the defaults for 1 and 2 just opened up a bunch of possibilities too. This way I won't have to do it again for anything else though. Cheers!

By deleting the defaults, doesn't really fix the underlying issue. The third MFD is showing as MFD2 instead of MFD3 in windows controller page. So the computer thinks you have two MFD2 and one MFD1. Not an issue with DCS, since we can map around it with the unique IDs.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP