Military Power and Afterburner issues

highwymn

Am I the only one having issues getting the Farmer to move into Full Military power and or After burner? The Turbine RPMs reach the limit, but I don't get light indications for either, and afterburner isn't igniting when I look at the outside of the aircraft. It has been causing me grief sine, I think, the June update.

Kind of a big deal, as it makes it difficult to intercept high altitude targets, and gives a handicap in a dog fight... I can see the AI controlled planes with afterburner, but I can't seem to get my own piloted craft to reach afterburner.

Am I the only one having issues getting the Farmer to move into Full Military power and or After burner? The Turbine RPMs reach the limit, but I don't get light indications for either, and afterburner isn't igniting when I look at the outside of the aircraft. It has been causing me grief sine, I think, the June update.

Kind of a big deal, as it makes it difficult to intercept high altitude targets, and gives a handicap in a dog fight... I can see the AI controlled planes with afterburner, but I can't seem to get my own piloted craft to reach afterburner.

It's how the real thing worked, you must push the throttles to maximum then hold down the afterburner button for a second or two. The afterburners will then light and remain lit as long as the throttles are forward of the military power gate; if the throttles are pulled back past that gate you'll need to light the afterburners manually again when pushed forward.

:thumbup: Thanks for the quick reply... I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out :doh: , since about the June update. I read the updates list put out by DCS, and didn't see anything about that changing in particular, and have been operating the bird the same way I have since the release of the Early Access, with slight changes, like when they inverted the incorrectly inverted switches so that they are correct...

Guess I need to go back through the manual again :joystick: (if it was added as I don't recall seeing it in the initial release of the manual) and edit my startup checklist with the engine runup tests, etc...

:joystick:

• 1 month later...

Ok, stupid guy here.. because I really don't get how it works..

I'm trying to do the start up training mission from cold & dark.

I can't get military power OR afterburner power.

What I do is the following:

- Speed brake lever ON

- Both engines full power forward (the throttles are all the way forward)

- I press for several seconds the military power limit button OR the afterburner enable button (both of them being next to the throttles) .. and never any military power lamps or AB lamps ever light up..

I'm puzzled why..