German bombers?

After much deliberation, I finally sprung and purchased the WWII map. I am pretty excited at this point.

I was wondering if there are any German AI bombers. I keep seeing all of the hype about the B-17 AI and that's great. But what if I want to intercept missions in the P-51?

So are there any German bombers in the assets pack? And if not, are there any in the works?

Thanks guys!

Ah nice. Hopefully they will also add the Heinkel He 111 later on.
The WW II ADC Team has a HE-111 and a few more ai WW II bombers coming soon!

Stonehouse has redone the aircraft lua's to create the most accurate ai bombers he could within the constraints of modding.

The new bomber ai may change may things with how these mods will work.

We will see soon...............

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Ah nice. Hopefully they will also add the Heinkel He 111 later on.

For 1944 other German bombers are more important.

I've never seen a Ju 188 in a flight sim, and a Do 217 would be another good choice.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I've never seen a Ju 188 in a flight sim, and a Do 217 would be another good choice.
Agree! :thumbup:

I like unusual or rarely seen aircraft!

Dornier+Do+217.jpg

Junkers-Ju-188-airplane-2.jpg

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Thanks guys. All very good news. I cannot wait!!! The German bombers will add so much to the emersion factor.

I encourage people to get into the WWII stuff if you have not already. Quite honestly, It's all that I really fly seriously these days. I have all but maybe 2 DCS modules but the WWII stuff is what I always end up going back to. Such fun!

What I'm really looking forward to is putting vehicles from the assets pack into the deserts surrounding Las Vegas. The terrain is perfect for the African theater of WWII. I know......some of you cannot get into it unless it's really Africa or whatever, but I'm not tainted by reality. I imagine these things quite readily.

Only 15 more days and the DCS world is going to get a lot better for me. I am imagining that we may be up to the 2.5 release at that point. If not, it cannot be far behind. None the less, I see a lot of changes coming very quickly in the near future.

I know that there will be a lot of bugs and room for improvement, and there will be people bombarding the forums with opinions, complaints, and points of view. All of that is just dandy with me. But (IMO) NTTR was one of the smoothest releases of a major project that I have ever experienced in a sim anywhere. There were issues and problems, but it was never catastrophic to the point that I couldn't deal with it. I have to give ED it's Kudos for that. Problems and obstacles yes. Down times, and persistent issues, a few. But we all knew it was alpha, and the progress was swift much of the time.

I say "Welcome Normandy! We're all happy to be part of this awesome release!"

For 1944 other German bombers are more important.

IIRC I've seen both, in CFS I, some time ago :music_whistling: :D . A DCS model featuring those in good quality, though IA, would be awesome. Well, who am I trying to fool, anything to shoot at will be welcome.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Agree! :thumbup:

I like unusual or rarely seen aircraft!

I read that on 31st may 1944 only 96 (operationnal planes) were subordinated to the Luftflotte 3:

I/KG 2 Ju 188 x 12

II/KG 2 Ju 188 x 5

Stab/KG 6 Ju 188 x 1

I/KG 6 Ju 188 x 22

III/KG 6 Ju 188 x 25

I/KG 66 Ju 188 x 31

But I would also like to see them flying over normandy :music_whistling:

These two beauties, too, would be an enrichment.

Bristol_Type_156_Beaufighter_ExCC.jpg.d9b50581ce378c93e83133eeecc77855.jpg 290268716_Messerschmitt_Me-410A-1-U2_Hornisse_Germany_-_Air_Force_AN1139884.thumb.jpg.12c8d1006d71d5ddba0eb0244a845b92.jpg

Edited by CharlyBraun

• 2 years later...

An old post but... I am looking for german bombers and I didn't find too much. The He111 looks like doesn't work with the new version and the WWII Assets Pack still with just the B17 as the only bomber available so... ¿any option to fight against a german bomber formation?