Lock On Platinum

DCS Lock on Platinum

Hi,

My Question: Will there be a DCS Lock On Platinum on Steam?

If not there is no down side to getting a "none Steam" Version of Lock on and having the Steam version of DCS 10-C?

I just got fired up again (used to play Falcon 3.0) by the DCS A10-C simulator and could not resist getting it straight away from Steam.

About Lock On, I tried the search but found nothing of relevance in accordance to Steam.

Thank You and have a nice :pilotfly:

I recently purchased a boxed copy of Lock On: Platinum. From what I have pieced together (and it's rather annoying to find all of the information in one place) - I have really purchased 2 titles --

Lock On: Modern Air Combat

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2

I have NOT purchased:

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs

I have read some posts that suggest FC2 trumps the need to own FC1 and the official site says FC2 is an improvement over FC1, but I am concerned about the missions in FC1 versus FC2. Does FC2 have a complete superset of the missions from FC1?

I'm also having issues running Lock On: Modern Air Combat as-is. Even when patched to version 1.02 it crashes on my machine sometimes during missions -- generally when there's slowdown or at random sometimes. I'm not interested in technical support for that issue, but it seems to me that Flaming Cliffs 1 updates Lock On: Modern Air Combat to provide better support for Windows 7. So does Flaming Cliffs patch Modern Air Combat(campaign and missions) to work better in Windows 7? Even if that's all it gives me (stability for LOMAC), then I'm all down for another purchase, but I'd like to make sure that I will be getting increased stability, and that I really do need to make another purchase after having bought the platinum box.

Extra info (ignore if you're tired of reading):

The box says I get a plane (Su-25T), from LO:FC1, but doesn't say I get the entire expansion. Also, there is a key on the box that I activated once (it's labeled as "Lock-On Plat Reg Code"), which occurred successfully the first time I installed the game, but was unaware that FC1 wasn't installed before installing FC2, and when I got around to trying to patch/update LOMAC, things got out of hand as I installed the wrong versions of stuff and reinstalled a few times. Now I can't ever seem to get that key to work however it did in the beginning.

CPU: 5950x || Memory: 64GB || GPU: RTX 4090

Input: Virpil CM3, TM F/A-18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, WW F-16EX grip on TM Warthog base, Virpil CP1 and CP2, Cougar MFD x2 / w CubeSim screens, StreamDeck XL x2, StreamDeck 15-key, TrackIR5

I recently purchased a boxed copy of Lock On: Platinum. From what I have pieced together (and it's rather annoying to find all of the information in one place) - I have really purchased 2 titles --

Lock On: Modern Air Combat

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2

Correct.

Important to however note that Flaming Cliffs 2 is a standalone product. It is due to licencing technicalities it had to be marketed as it is.

Bottom-Line as far as you are concerned:

1 - Install LOMAC (LockOn Modern Air Combat)

2 - Install Flaming Cliffs 2 (Separate installation in it's entirety: Once FC2 installed, uninstall LOMAC. Thereafter patch FC2 to current version).

So does Flaming Cliffs patch Modern Air Combat(campaign and missions) to work better in Windows 7? Even if that's all it gives me (stability for LOMAC), then I'm all down for another purchase, but I'd like to make sure that I will be getting increased stability, and that I really do need to make another purchase after having bought the platinum box.....

Flaming Cliffs and LOMAC irrelevant for the purposes of this discussion. You will be installing FC2. For what it's worth, yes - it's a big improvement from FC1 and runs very well on Win7.

Does FC2 have a complete superset of the missions from FC1?

Yes - and more IIRC.

......and when I got around to trying to patch/update LOMAC, things got out of hand as I installed the wrong versions of stuff and reinstalled a few times. Now I can't ever seem to get that key to work however it did in the beginning.

It seems that things may have got a wee bit out of hand in the installation process. I would do the following:

1 - Uninstall everything related to LOMAC/FC1/FC2 on the PC

2 - Manually delete all the leftover folders

3 - Reboot

4 - Install LOMAC to a random location (Desktop folder)

5 - Install FC2 to a specified folder (Flight Simulations)

6 - Patch FC2

7 - Uninstall LOMAC

8 - Reboot

9 - Run SIM and see if that helps.

Worst-case scenario you'll have to delete the relevant registry entry to reactivate the product. Will cost an activation but that's no biggy.

Let us know how you get on.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Correct.

Important to however note that Flaming Cliffs 2 is a standalone product. It is due to licencing technicalities it had to be marketed as it is.

Bottom-Line as far as you are concerned:

1 - Install LOMAC (LockOn Modern Air Combat)

2 - Install Flaming Cliffs 2 (Separate installation in it's entirety: Once FC2 installed, uninstall LOMAC. Thereafter patch FC2 to current version).

So that would make FC2 a complete superset of the LOMAC missions and campaigns right?

If that's the case, then I don't think I have to do anything because FC2 worked pretty much from the get go. I couldn't tell though because the training missions in FC2 don't show all of the planes (I only see training missions for the Su-25), and they switched them all to videos instead of in game scripts that you can take over at-will.

Input: Virpil CM3, TM F/A-18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, WW F-16EX grip on TM Warthog base, Virpil CP1 and CP2, Cougar MFD x2 / w CubeSim screens, StreamDeck XL x2, StreamDeck 15-key, TrackIR5

hi I'm new to the forum and I recently picked up the Lock-on Platinum. I've installed lock on and it runs without issues. After I installed the FC2 I got this crazy runtime error.

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\launcher.exe

System Specs

AMD Phenom II X4 3.0 ghz

8 GB memory

Nvidia GTS 450

800 GB HD

I tried looking around and didn't find any solutions.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Let us know how you get on.

Not sure what this means...but I certainly got back *on* the flight sim wagon. Shortly after I purchased LockOn, I easily convinced myself to ditch the $50 Thrustmaster HOTAS X for almost a grand in flight sim equipment, and I went out and acquired Black Shark and DCS A-10 through Steam as well. I plan on not playing other games for a while.

I'm really just catching up on my dream career before I decided that computer science was it - being an Air Force pilot. No biggie - that dream died because I grew too tall and don't have perfect vision, but I can certainly say that the sim experience is a nice second for the real thing!

Right now I'm picking up slowly so I'm sticking with LockOn: FC2 and trying to play through the campaign. Every now and then I try to jump in on multiplayer on a whim, at an odd time, but make some stupid configuration mistake (like forgetting to turn on TrackIR), and end up not really being able to take off or fully control the aircraft. I'll get more consistent eventually and will definitely feel proud when I get my first dogfight kill. Hopefully I'll have that recorded.

hi I'm new to the forum and I recently picked up the Lock-on Platinum. I've installed lock on and it runs without issues. After I installed the FC2 I got this crazy runtime error.

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2\bin\x86\stable\launcher.exe

System Specs

AMD Phenom II X4 3.0 ghz

8 GB memory

Nvidia GTS 450

800 GB HD

I tried looking around and didn't find any solutions.

Thanks in advance

I think you need to provide more detail about your error in order for us to help you. But as I was told before - once you have FC2, you don't need the original Lock On or FC1. Just play FC2.

• Like 1

I easily convinced myself to ditch the $50 Thrustmaster HOTAS X for almost a grand in flight sim equipment, and I went out and acquired Black Shark and DCS A-10 through Steam as well. I plan on not playing other games for a while.

Not to hijack the thread but this seems to be a common theme. I think many of us that used to play flights sims in the early days switched over to the FPG and RTS genre's because they were new, easy to learn, and fun. The last few years have been nothing but rehashes of the same old thing sporting new graphics and a ton of bugs on release. Personally, I got tired of all that, came back to flight sims, and haven't played anything else since.

It's awesome that we have a company like ED producing hi-fidelity simulations because very few are these days.

• Like 1

Intel Core I7 2600K, DP67BG Motherboard, 12GB Ram, MSI GTX460, Saitek PRO Flight X-65F, Dual 1080P Monitors

Flight Sims:

* DCS: A-10C Warthog

* DCS: Ka-50 Blackshark

* Lock On Platinum

* Rise of Flight

* Enemy Engaged - RAH66 Comanche Vs KA-52 Hokum

although he has responded to a question that is a few weeks old- FWIW I saw the actual box on the shelf in Target yesterday... And they weren't even dusty!

: ) Right!

I bought my first this past March in Target, Bought a second for friend in April. Installed as instructed on a Win 7 platform, did patches as instructed, no problems. e.g. did not remove lomac! The price tag was cheep for testing, as I was interested in the new single A10-C release with current patches.

I got the A10-C single plane package purchased online at store front, did install & patches as instructed with no problems. Great stuff, lots to learn....lol

I am somewhat new to Flt Sim with my second effort @ it after CSF3 & IL2 & found this forum of great value, much appriated to all.

Konkussion, as I quote you. it is in only interest in adding a local user in hopes of getting to add you to my online flight buddies, as I live just north of you in Stafford. : ) I have recently found a Warthog community which is very skilled & informative but they are just a bit overwhelming for me at the moment. I hope in a response to maybe get together some way for some help/insite as I have some new hardware .e.g. x52pro/TrackIR5 difficaulties to iron out.

Sincerely,

murph

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

LP

Hi All So does Lock On Platinum restore all of the Airbases in the Crimea as well as give you access to the airfields that were added in Black Shark?

Just trying to get a better picture of the products scope.

Thanks...

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

• ED Team
Hi All So does Lock On Platinum restore all of the Airbases in the Crimea as well as give you access to the airfields that were added in Black Shark?

Just trying to get a better picture of the products scope.

Thanks...

Lock On Platinum does not have Crimea, only Caucasus area of Black Shark and A10C.

For Crimea - keep Lock On your HD.

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

hey guys, bought the platinum game and am slowly teaching myself to fly. loving this game with the logitech g940 and track ir. just one question at the moment, im sure there will be more later - in flaming cliffs 2 is it possible to interact with the cockpit by using the mouse cursor cockpit mode, like push and pull levers out etc, if so how? i saw this on youtube but i think it was from dcs

.....just one question at the moment, im sure there will be more later - in flaming cliffs 2 is it possible to interact with the cockpit by using the mouse cursor cockpit mode, like push and pull levers out etc......

No - not possible with LockOn. Applicable to DCS as you said.

Welcome :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ive decided to switch aircraft to the su 25t, i want to dowload the training vids but it says they are only for the download version of the game.... anyway i can still watch them?

edit - never mind, just realised i can stream them from the site

Edited by Azza

45tycoon - you have to open ports within your router to be able to see your missions on the server. I had the same problem. For some reason it works without opening a port the first time, then doesn't after a second try.

486DX w/turbo button

• 4 months later...

LOMAC Platinum

Hi all,

I have had LOMAC for years, but finally got around to buying Flaming Cliffs 2. Actually, I bought LOMAC Platinum, since it was less expensive! I ran into a problem and found a solution, so I thought I would share in case it helps any other late adopters.

I built a new computer last year and tried to install my old LOMAC on it, but it never ran - it generated an error, so I was hoping the Platinum version would work. I uninstalled my old LOMAC (which had a different error than below) and reinstalled from the new discs. Flaming Cliffs seems to work fine, but if I try to run Lock On I get the following error:

The procedure entry point __CxxFrameHandler3 could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll.

In order to fix the problem, just delete the msvrct.dll in the Lock On directory.

I hope that helps someone!

• 4 months later...

Welcome AM !

I think the best way to buy FC2 is trough ED's store : http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop

And yes FC2 is still very much flown even tough there is no more Hyperlobby as it supports previous FC version only...nonetheless have a look at the current overall DCS/FC Multiplayer activity here : http://sa-sim.com/?page_id=22

Welcome again !

[url=http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop][/url]

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

• 2 weeks later...

urgent help please

For the last 7 years I had played Lock on the original version with out any problems. When I bought the latest version Lock on platinum Flaming Cliffs I encountered an error. For some reason I have tried to play but this screen keeps on appearing

Runtime Error!

Program: C:/Program Files/Ubisoft/Eagle Dynamics/LockOn/LockOn.exe

abnormal program termination

and because of that I just CAN'T play it anymore...

I NEED help please!!!!

BTW I am trying to run it in Windows Vista 32 bits

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I bought platinum but have since lost the DVD case cover. I don't know how, but I do have children and anything is possible. Can someone that has platinum do a high-resolution scan of the insert for me? OR, should I try hitting up customer support? I know it may sound stupid but I can't stand looking at that naked case. Many thanks!

j6M7MOU.jpg

new to lomac... i'm on amazon looking at the lomac ubisoft CD ROM... what is the difference between this and the LOCK ON PLATINUM CD ROM? which should i buy to add flaming cliffs 3...?

do i need to install flaming cliffs 2 before adding 3?

thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]best brawler fish in the world!

setup: asus PB298Q monitor, alienware x51 i7, track iR5, CH products, & gunnar glasses!:thumbup:

new to lomac... i'm on amazon looking at the lomac ubisoft CD ROM... what is the difference between this and the LOCK ON PLATINUM CD ROM? which should i buy to add flaming cliffs 3...?

do i need to install flaming cliffs 2 before adding 3?

thanks!

You can buy a download copy of LOMAC:

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.180160000

Once you have DCS World installed, you can go directly to installing Flaming Cliffs 3.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

You can buy a download copy of LOMAC:

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.180160000

Once you have DCS World installed, you can go directly to installing Flaming Cliffs 3.

thanks for replying and i understand that but i'd like a physical copy of lomac and need to know if lockon platinum pc dvd will include original lomac required for fc3...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]best brawler fish in the world!

setup: asus PB298Q monitor, alienware x51 i7, track iR5, CH products, & gunnar glasses!:thumbup:

• 5 years later...

I have a copy of Platinum that I purchased online and checked the serial number. Its only been registered once, but its still listed as active with the autoactivation listed as DISABLED. Does that mean that I cant install this copy of FC2 with this key? The direct output from the serial check is listed below...

Star Force serial number parameters

Product: Flaming Cliffs 2

Activated: Yes

Blacklisted: No

Expired: No

Number of activations has been exceeded: No

Type: Release

Number of activations spent/total: 1 / 8

Add activation automatically: Disabled