Patriot Missle Battery change?

Havok

Hello,

I've seen the additional Patriot system additions, but before and after adding them as primary's to a Patriot battery ( CP is still in slot 1), the launchers seem to no longer repond and no missles are launched.

Search / Track radars are pointed towards the incoming aircraft, as well as the launchers, flat, unobstructed terrain, and enemy aircraft @ 20,000ft at 400-500 kts are simply flying by, no reaction.

Anyone else seeing this?

You sure you have red vs blue? I just tested red Su-25 vs Patriot and it worked just fine. 2 missiles launched, killed by first.

There appear to be 6 parts to the Patriot battery, only three of which are listed in the Encyclopedia, which are the only three you need to have an actively engaging system.

As long as you have AN/MSQ-104 (control vehicle), AN/MPQ-53 (search/track radar; encyclopedia typo, listed as AN/MPQ-35) and M901 (launcher) everything will work.

Not really sure what AN/MRC-137 (antenna mast group), EPP-III (electric power plant) or ICC (information coordination central) are used for in the sim.

Edited by Evil.Bonsai

• 2 weeks later...
You sure you have red vs blue? I just tested red Su-25 vs Patriot and it worked just fine. 2 missiles launched, killed by first.

There appear to be 6 parts to the Patriot battery, only three of which are listed in the Encyclopedia, which are the only three you need to have an actively engaging system.

As long as you have AN/MSQ-104 (control vehicle), AN/MPQ-53 (search/track radar; encyclopedia typo, listed as AN/MPQ-35) and M901 (launcher) everything will work.

Not really sure what AN/MRC-137 (antenna mast group), EPP-III (electric power plant) or ICC (information coordination central) are used for in the sim.

"Not really sure what AN/MRC-137 (antenna mast group), EPP-III (electric power plant) or ICC (information coordination central) are used for in the sim."...I think that the latter 3 you mention are not exactly USED in the sim but add to realism when deploying a patriot battery in RL !

• 4 years later...

I figured it out you gotta assign the LN M901 as a group then it will work. If you don't know how to do that right below the country you will see unit so on the right put 6 units and 1 on the left side, then manually change the type of units to AN/MSQ-104, AN/MPQ-53, AN/MPQ-35 and so on. If you have changed all the launchers that are in the group to the radar and everything else that's important when the radar detects a enemy it should automatically start turning towards the enemy and then the launcher will start turning to it ready to fire.

If you're confused or it doesn't work just tell me.

• 2 years later...

Not to revive an old thread but I’ve searched and could not find anything on this. I wanted to see if anyone has any info.

If one were to add multiple AN/MPQ-53 Patriot radars to one battery facing in four different directions to gain 360 degree coverage would the group use all four at once or only one at a time? For instance if one was destroyed then the next would take over and so forth.

Also, is it possible that we could see the Patriot in game upgraded to the AN/MPQ-65 radar that has 360 degree view & various other upgrades? It also supports both PAC 2 & 3 missiles which would be nice having the PAC 3 since it carries more missiles per launcher. Among other upgrades.

Forgive me if this has been addressed somewhere before. I could not find it.

• 2 months later...
Not to revive an old thread but I’ve searched and could not find anything on this. I wanted to see if anyone has any info.

If one were to add multiple AN/MPQ-53 Patriot radars to one battery facing in four different directions to gain 360 degree coverage would the group use all four at once or only one at a time? For instance if one was destroyed then the next would take over and so forth.

Also, is it possible that we could see the Patriot in game upgraded to the AN/MPQ-65 radar that has 360 degree view & various other upgrades? It also supports both PAC 2 & 3 missiles which would be nice having the PAC 3 since it carries more missiles per launcher. Among other upgrades.

Forgive me if this has been addressed somewhere before. I could not find it.

theres only one battery that has more than one radar, and thats the air defense school @ ft. sill (i worked there when it was at ft bliss)

a single control van is only cabable of connecting to one radar, so to have 4 on sight would take extensive reconfiguring *or* 4 engagement control stations, in which you just placed a whole battalion on a single site

this would never happen because patriot isnt a 360 degree weapon system. its placed very deliberately behind the asset its protecting (in iraq, we were behind even the combat hospitals) with a known threat direction. they arent placed at random to catch whatever flys by (in fact, im skeptical after the shenanigans of '03, patriot will ever be used against an aircraft deliberately again).. the adversary's launch points are known or suspected and thats whats used to develop target lines

the AN/MPQ-65 is not a 360 degree radar. it can rotate 360 degrees, but its lateral limits are unchanged from its predecessor (in fact, theres a great deal of shared components)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE