Difficulty finding suitable servers for F-5 E

RAFmaster64

I'm pretty new in DCS and haven't bought any modules yet (only have 3 months experience on the SU-25 T). I was planning on getting the F-5 E to learn dogfight and energy management so I could later switch to the f-14 as a pilot (I've been told it's best not to jump right at the Tomcat), but I like multiplayer and there doesn't seem to be any f-5 friendly server available (I mean a cold war one, or at least one that doesn't include fighters with long range radar guided missiles). Any suggestions on a good sever? Or even wether should I consider buying another module to get started?

P.D: don't want to pick F/A-18 as I don't want to get used to 'fly by wire' right off, maybe some day.

Please help a noob :)

any modern aircraft that actually matters has FBW ;)

IF not the F5 due to lack of servers on earlier aircraft, or don't want to jumpt to F14 , buy the Mirage 2000C.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

the bulk of the mp community is on openbeta

I see servers being more full in stable build.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I did the same thing with the A-10C. I used the Toad as practice. I kept getting better at it... even left the A-10 in the hanger.

My advice? Don't use training wheels. Get the Cat. Well honestly buy both.

Gigabyte Tech. 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, 16 Gig RAM @ 2200 Mhz, Radeon X480, Oculus Rift

• 1 month later...

Im not entirely sure why you'd need to get the F5 before the F14. Just understand that you have to be gentle on the stick, and beyond that it's just practice and stick time. I dove into the F14 a week or so ago and it's amazing. Best flight sim experience ever. And now I want to get the F5 just for funsies, not because I think it's some sort of training wheels.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg