German air force unable to train pilots because of shortage of planes - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-13-2019, 06:45 PM   #21
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Maybe someone's taken the old saying to heart: "The Bundeswehr's job is to hold off the enemy until military arrives"

It's always difficult to get a complete picture when most reports come from sensationalist media outlets, but I think quite highly of Thomas Wiegold and his "Augen geradeaus!" blog. And it's not like the terrible readiness state in all branches in the German military is in any way new.

Add to that that during her run as defense minister, Ursula von der Leyen invested heavily in civil Business Consultants for the Bundeswehr. Maybe they came up with some good ideas. But whatever money they made certainly did not go into flight readiness, and we're talking double digit millions of euros per year. Let's see what AKK47 can come up with before she (presumably) upgrades to Bundeskanzler.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:14 AM   #22
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilon_x View Post
like the famous ramstein accident in germany ...... the hypotheses say that the pilots sabotaged the controls to make them die. the pilots in question were witnesses of the famous accident of ustica and they made him die in order not to testify on the incident of ustica.

from that moment on Germany did not show the tricolor arrows in German territory anymore. This thing I am sorry because it was a malicious accident for me not a casual accident .... we remember that the pilots of the tricolor arrows are professionals and come from the best academic schools.
Even the best and most professional pilots are not safe from making mistakes of their own. I've never heard of sabatoge in regards to the Rammstein accident and frankly, it sounds like some odd conspiracy theory to me. Even the famous american Blue Angels and Thunderbirds crash sometimes as happened multiple times in the past 2 years.

Quote:
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...th-jet-program

FRANCE AND GERMANY plan the new fighter then followed by SPAIN. FCAS.
While ITALY and DUTCH agrees with the UK for the new TEMPEST project.
FCAS is being discussed here as well: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
Maybe someone's taken the old saying to heart: "The Bundeswehr's job is to hold off the enemy until military arrives"

It's always difficult to get a complete picture when most reports come from sensationalist media outlets, but I think quite highly of Thomas Wiegold and his "Augen geradeaus!" blog. And it's not like the terrible readiness state in all branches in the German military is in any way new.

Add to that that during her run as defense minister, Ursula von der Leyen invested heavily in civil Business Consultants for the Bundeswehr. Maybe they came up with some good ideas. But whatever money they made certainly did not go into flight readiness, and we're talking double digit millions of euros per year. Let's see what AKK47 can come up with before she (presumably) upgrades to Bundeskanzler.
Von der Leyen and her consultants did came up with some good meassures (e.g. buying back former depots to increase the storage of spare parts), but it takes time for them to take effect.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:14 PM   #23
Xilon_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
Even the best and most professional pilots are not safe from making mistakes of their own. I've never heard of sabatoge in regards to the Rammstein accident and frankly, it sounds like some odd conspiracy theory to me. Even the famous american Blue Angels and Thunderbirds crash sometimes as happened multiple times in the past 2 years.

FCAS is being discussed here as well: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243299

Von der Leyen and her consultants did came up with some good meassures (e.g. buying back former depots to increase the storage of spare parts), but it takes time for them to take effect.

Two Italian pilots, the officers Naldini and Nutarelli - later aces of the tricolor arrows dead in the implausible "accident" of Ramstein, a week before being questioned by the judge Prior on the massacre of Ustica

and a hypothesis of cover-up of the evidence on the ustica accident.
the nuttarelli plane was sabotaged.
Xilon_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:41 PM   #24
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
Interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

Though it didn't say that this was actually suggested by the consultants in question, but I'll give them the benefit of a doubt.

Quote:
Two Italian pilots, the officers Naldini and Nutarelli - later aces of the tricolor arrows dead in the implausible "accident" of Ramstein, a week before being questioned by the judge Prior on the massacre of Ustica
That seems to warrant its own discussion thread, as it has fairly little to do with the topic at hand.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:36 PM   #25
Alicatt

Quote:

FRANCE AND GERMANY plan the new fighter then followed by SPAIN. FCAS.
While ITALY and DUTCH agrees with the UK for the new TEMPEST project.
And here in Belgium, once they can decide on a government we may get a decision on whether to get a Eurofighter or a F-35 to replace the F-16s

Then again they may just decide to keep the F-16
Old 08-15-2019, 09:43 PM   #26
Pilotasso
Veteran

The F-16 will see accelerated retirement phase after 2030. Anyone retaining their planes will see degraded support and flight readiness. That's just 10 years from now, everyone should be with new fighter tender by now.
Case: Corsair 400C
PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum
CPU: AMD RYZEN 2700X @ 4.2Ghz
RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3533Mhz CL 15 CR=1T
MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4
GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X
Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO
Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals
Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P
Pilotasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:14 PM   #27
zhukov032186

Quote:
like the famous ramstein accident in germany ...... the hypotheses say that the pilots sabotaged the controls to make them die. the pilots in question were witnesses of the famous accident of ustica and they made him die in order not to testify on the incident of ustica.

from that moment on Germany did not show the tricolor arrows in German territory anymore. This thing I am sorry because it was a malicious accident for me not a casual accident .... we remember that the pilots of the tricolor arrows are professionals and come from the best academic schools.
There is absolutely nothing ''implausible'' about that accident. Three separate groups of aircraft passing through a tiny area at approximately the same time, if anyone is off a fraction of a second they collide. There is no evidence of 'sabotage' either, as all aircraft looked to be maneuvering just fine.

You really do like your conspiracies, though :p
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote