Through The Inferno (Persian Gulf) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

New update! OMFG TOMCAT HYPE!

UPDATE 03/13/2019 - 1: v1.51

- Added 2 F-14B slots to the mission

Note: I'm aware of the F10 Mission Spawning menus not working for anyone except for the host. I have a fix in place, but I need more time to test it to ensure it works properly. For now it's best ran with the host playing instead of using this mission on a dedicated machine if you wish to use the mission spawning and intel F10 menus.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

UPDATE 03/14/2019 - 1: v1.51b

- Added INS Stored Alignment to all F-14B slots

(This significantly shortens the INS alignment time when using "Fine Alignment")

- Implemented new F10 Radio Menu logic that refreshes the menu regularly so that new players that join after the host will also have access to the radio menu.

- Fixed an issue where the friendly A2A backup units did not have any weapons loaded.

"Through The Inferno"

So yeah, found the fix to the invalid frequency issue

New update! OMFG TOMCAT HYPE!

UPDATE 03/13/2019 - 1: v1.51

- Added 2 F-14B slots to the mission

Found the issue with my installation.

I downloaded the new version today, and this started happening when trying to load or save.

[CAP] F-14B - (Carrier) 1:

Invalid frequency 124 MHz

[CAP] F-14B - (UAE - Al Minhad) 1:

[CAP] F-14B - (UAE - Al Minhad) 2:

[CAP] F-14B - (Iran - Bandar Abbas) 1:

[CAP] F-14B - (Iran - Bandar Abbas) 2:

[CAP] F-14B - (Carrier) 2:

[CAP] MiG-19P (UAE - Al Minhad):

[CAP] MiG-19P (Iran - Bandar Abbas):

So that MiG-19P issue has multiplied to include the F-14B. They're defaulting to the A-10C as the first plane in the slot since my version of the game doesn't have those models. Then I realized that my Steam version wasn't opted into the open beta. Set that to openbeta - Public beta versions, and the error went away.

So yeah, dummy me, forgot to opt in. :music_whistling::smartass::pilotfly:

UPDATE 03/18/2019 - 1: v1.51c

- Further addressed and fixed an issue where EWRS and the MISSION SPAWNING radio menus were not properly working.

"Through The Inferno"

Just tried connect to TTI Persian Gulf server F-14 and I can't get AI Jester to align INS. He seems stuck. Tried multiple times with same result.

All was fine on Georgia TTI server.

EDIT: today it works fine.

Edited by ataribaby

All Maps Do Not Load

Hi there, having an issue where I downloaded all 5 maps but all return the same error (other than WW2 Normandy map) - it states 'Mission Cannot Be Saved Due to Errors' and it lists various units and their Frequency e.g 'Mig-19P: Invalid Frequency 100MHz', indeed most errors seem to return the 124MHZ frequency as the main error. Anyone able to assist please?

Is it because I do not own these 2 modules (Mig 19 and F14)?

PS: I have added a JPEG showing the error below.

Edit - Does it currently only work with Open Beta?

Screen_190328_121047.thumb.png.1bc6d1519deb5cafc013b3cfdffee9f3.png

Edited by dokken1212

Computer Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

Thermaltake 360 AIO Water Cooler

32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz RGB RAM

GeForce RTX 2080 Super [ NVIDIA]

512GB Adata M2 NVME (boot drive)

1TB Adata M2 NVME

1TB WD Blue SSD

Corsair RM850x Power Supply

Phanteks Enthoo Evolve Case

Samsung 43" 4K Smart TV (used as monitor)

TRACK IR 5 + Wireless DelanClip Head Tracker

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

Hi there, having an issue where I downloaded all 5 maps but all return the same error (other than WW2 Normandy map) - it states 'Mission Cannot Be Saved Due to Errors' and it lists various units and their Frequency e.g 'Mig-19P: Invalid Frequency 100MHz', indeed most errors seem to return the 124MHZ frequency as the main error. Anyone able to assist please?

Is it because I do not own these 2 modules (Mig 19 and F14)?

PS: I have added a JPEG showing the error below.

Edit - Does it currently only work with Open Beta?

Yes, you need to be on the latest OpenBeta.

See here how to convert your install to OpenBeta:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

It is highly recommended to use the standalone version of DCS for best compatibility, stability, and performance.

How to convert your Steam install to standalone:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=174776

You can transfer Steam licenses to Standalone as well:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3751441&postcount=1

"Through The Inferno"

Thanks Deadlyfishes - converted to the OpenBeta and it works like a dream :-). Thanks very much buddy :-)

Computer Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

Thermaltake 360 AIO Water Cooler

32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz RGB RAM

GeForce RTX 2080 Super [ NVIDIA]

512GB Adata M2 NVME (boot drive)

1TB Adata M2 NVME

1TB WD Blue SSD

Corsair RM850x Power Supply

Phanteks Enthoo Evolve Case

Samsung 43" 4K Smart TV (used as monitor)

TRACK IR 5 + Wireless DelanClip Head Tracker

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

• 3 weeks later...

I've just stumbled across this TTI mission and I want to say a big thankyou to deadlyfishes - it's great and it's really opened up the game for me!

I am playing Persian Gulf Single Player in the latest release version of DCS - I've seen comments here about needing to play in the OpenBeta version - is that right, or is that just for the mutiplayer server?

Anyway I am learning how to set up the missions how I like but I noticed a thing - my kills don't register on the mission debriefing - is there a setting that I have missed or something?

And is there a way to save a mission and go back to it later?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE 05/29/2019 - 1: v1.52a

- Added ability to STACK ZEUS-Spawned units:

zeus_stack_units_tutorial.gif

- Added MANY more units that can be spawnable via "zeus" map marker spawns. List is on the main post, included as a text file in the zip along with the in-game briefing.

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 06/01/2019 - 1: v1.52b

- Fixed an error where some blue units were not spawnable via the 'zeus spawns'

- Changed the A2A Intercept mission to spawn 3 bombers that will be somewhat grouped up. They have 3 possible spawn locations on the map that will be chosen at random each time they are triggered.

- Added new bombers to the spawnable units list:

b1b_blue

b52_blue

f11a_blue

tu142_red

tu160_red

tu22m3_red

tu95ms_red

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 weeks later...

HI there i was trying to add "ctld.location_DMS = true" into autolase script for F18 but cant get it to work any suggestions.

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

HI there i was trying to add "ctld.location_DMS = true" into autolase script for F18 but cant get it to work any suggestions.

We use a custom auto-lase. This isn't available yet, I'll try adding it in soon.

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 06/25/2019 - 1: v1.53a

- JTAC Autolase Target Reports are reformatted for easier reading and now provide Lat/Long SECONDS (DMS). Perfect for JDAMs, JSOWs and navigation systems that cannot use lat/long decimal format.

New%20JTAC%20Reports.PNG

- There is now a new option for HELO SLINGLOADING to be enabled or disabled.

Enabled = uses real rope/sling on helos that have the sling feature. If there is no sling for the helo, then you cannot sling load with it.

Disabled = hover over the crate to carry it. Any helo can use this feature.

New%20HELO%20Slingloading%20Option.PNG

- Missions will now have unique procedural generated operation names, giving these missions a bit more character. This is more useful on our multiplayer servers, but we may do more with this in the near future.

New%20Mission%20Names.PNG

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 06/25/2019 - 1: v1.53a

- JTAC Autolase Target Reports are reformatted for easier reading and now provide Lat/Long SECONDS (DMS). Perfect for JDAMs, JSOWs and navigation systems that cannot use lat/long decimal format.

New%20JTAC%20Reports.PNG

- There is now a new option for HELO SLINGLOADING to be enabled or disabled.

Enabled = uses real rope/sling on helos that have the sling feature. If there is no sling for the helo, then you cannot sling load with it.

Disabled = hover over the crate to carry it. Any helo can use this feature.

New%20HELO%20Slingloading%20Option.PNG

- Missions will now have unique procedural generated operation names, giving these missions a bit more character. This is more useful on our multiplayer servers, but we may do more with this in the near future.

New%20Mission%20Names.PNG

Hi there great update.

Another request can we have JTAC give target elevation is well like in game jtsc ?

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

• 2 weeks later...

I've run several A2G missions on this and have noticed an issue with the JTAC lasing: it is not prioritizing high value targets (SAMs / AAA) over normal ground targets. This is typically a default behavior of CTLD when the units in question have "priority" or "hpriority" in the unit name. Essentially, a fuel truck is being lased while a Strela 13 is 500 feet away.

I checked the file in ME to see what was up. The SAM & AAA units that Moose uses for the spawn pool are correctly configured with priority/hpriority in the unit names. When these units are spawned however, the unit name in the mission becomes a set of numbers (per the post-game report), so it appears to not be keeping priority/hpriority in the unit name.

Also, I see an SA-15 Tor unit in the spawn pool objects. It does not show up in the SAM or AAA filter list. Is it simply not used?

Edited by IlludiumQ36

I've run several A2G missions on this and have noticed an issue with the JTAC lasing: it is not prioritizing high value targets (SAMs / AAA) over normal ground targets. This is typically a default behavior of CTLD when the units in question have "priority" or "hpriority" in the unit name. Essentially, a fuel truck is being lased while a Strela 13 is 500 feet away.

I checked the file in ME to see what was up. The SAM & AAA units that Moose uses for the spawn pool are correctly configured with priority/hpriority in the unit names. When these units are spawned however, the unit name in the mission becomes a set of numbers (per the post-game report), so it appears to not be keeping priority/hpriority in the unit name.

Also, I see an SA-15 Tor unit in the spawn pool objects. It does not show up in the SAM or AAA filter list. Is it simply not used?

SA-15 is not used because it caused some issues. You can add it too the list, but be mindful of the group name. The group name is the one that goes into the unit list in the settings. Feel free to add it, but remove it if it causes more problems.

So about the priority naming:

In a dynamic mission, the unit names are not kept since the units are dynamically generated out of thin air with a random given name.

There IS an option and script to have them keep their names with a number at the end but this caused some MAJOR spawning issues.

With the priority names in the vehicle types, it caused issues where less than half of the requested units to spawn were actually spawning and the JTAC had a hard time picking up the lase even if there was a clear line of sight.

This kind of thing is meant for a one-off non-dynamic mission. For now, I had to forego this feature altogether, and I should've removed any kind of text that suggested this feature was in.

I can work on testing this more, but ED keeps changing lua scripting environments without letting us know.

It's on my radar to attempt to get this to work again, but I doubt it will work 100% with our dynamic spawning scripts.

If there is any big update with this, I'll let everyone know for sure.

"Through The Inferno"

• 1 month later...

UPDATE 08/17/19 - 1: v1.54a

-Fixed a major issue with map-marker zeus spawns not working correctly after the latest OB update from 8/14/19 https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4008751&postcount=66

This latest version of TTI is REQUIRED if you wish to get map=marker zeus spawns to work properly again.

- Changed logic for JTAC units to optimize performance. JTAC units are now generated dynamically with mission zones and will be removed once the mission is complete.

Additionally, this means you can move mission zones around in the mission if you'd like, but the mission intel will be incorrect. You can use the JTAC Status as a work-around to get the coordinates of the designated targets if you aren't relying on the F10 Map.

- Added a new JTAC zeus spawn that you can create anywhere on the map to spawn a JTAC recon drone to auto-lase/designate and smoke targets. The code for these JTAC drones created by zeus map marker spawning is always 1685 for now. I do have future plans to edit this on the fly. You can make as many of these as you'd like.

zeus-jtac-drone-tutorial.gif

NOTE: For TTI Normandy WW2 , you must use "recon" instead of "jtac" to spawn the auto-lase/designating sentry unit.

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there great update.

Another request can we have JTAC give target elevation is well like in game jtsc ?

It's on my list of things to do and to look into. It wasn't originally in the script for that auto-lase script, but I can try my best to hack it together :)

"Through The Inferno"

+1

Hi there great update.

UPDATE 09/03/19 -1: v1.55a

- Added new JTAC Auto Lase Logic to now include ELEVATION IN FT of the marked target:

unknown.png

Big thanks to SanekFl for helping me find the scripting logic to implement this.

I looked into script and added target elevation info. Please review pull request

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-JTACAutoLaze/pull/3

- Added a new map marker command "-delete jtac" that will remove the last zeus-spawned jtac. A new message appears when creating a zeus jtac to remind you of this new command and feature.

"Through The Inferno"

• 5 weeks later...

UPDATE 10/03/19 - 1: v1.56a

- Added F-16C Viper Slots x2

- Added a fix for enemy aircraft causing a ground mission to appear active when it flies through the zone. Mission zones will now ignore flying units.

- Changed dynamic JTAC spawning logic so that the dynamically crated JTAC names will now state which mission type they are marking for, making better use of the "JTAC Status" feature in the F10 - Other Menu

"Through The Inferno"

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE 10/22/19 - 1: v1.57a

- Updated Moose Frameworkto latest version

- Added AIRBOSS Script:

https://flightcontrol-master.github.io/MOOSE_DOCS_DEVELOP/Documentation/Ops.Airboss.html

- Included config options for Airboss

"Through The Inferno"

Hi deadlyfishes, I am experiencing big trouble in AAR: tankers are way too slow, so they generate really big turbulence and drag and make contact almost impossible... as soon as you close to the basket, the plane just goes everywhere in a violent manner.

I tried with the F/A-18C Hornet, but also a friend of mine with M-2000C had problems (less than me, maybe delta wing is more stable or he is better than me).

We measured a speed around 220kts for the MPRS, usually AFAIK tankers maintain around 300kts... it was confirmed also by high AoA in external view, it had 9.2° more or less.

I just tried PG version, I don't know if it's the same on Caucasus.

And, oh, we are using version 1.56a... maybe it's fixed in the new version? (even if nothing related is in the changelog)

Thanks for your attention, keep up your great work!

BlueRaven.jpg

Nulla Dies Sine Linea