F-86 gas gauge

ZiggyPuff

Is there some kind of problem with the gas gauge instrument? My needle never moves, and I'm pretty sure I ran out of fuel. Engine just crapped out.

This is a great module, I'm just wondering if it is still a work in progress like half of my fleet.

Did you burn enough or did you unstart with a compressor stall. Well modeled in the Sabre. You can emergency air start. Never paid much attention as I only have time for dogfight practice with newbie cheats on. (Fuel and ammo)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

Is there some kind of problem with the gas gauge instrument? My needle never moves, and I'm pretty sure I ran out of fuel. Engine just crapped out.

This is a great module, I'm just wondering if it is still a work in progress like half of my fleet.

I’ve experienced the same

Fuel gauge was working fine last time I checked. I will have a look later today. It only measures the internal tank quantity so if you are drawing from drop tanks it won't move.

Fuel should automatically begin to be drawn from the internal tanks once drop tanks are empty so should not lead to fuel starvation.

Compressor stall or flame out are the most likely reasons for the engine to stop, normally engine will windmill at 50-70%. Did it stop completely?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Gas gauge worked last time I flew it a few weeks ago. Drop tanks feed directly into the internal tanks, thereby keeping it ''full'' until they're empty (that's how you know the DTs are empty).

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Hard to say. External tanks running dry will still lead to internal fuel being burned/needle movement. I have had partial power losses in game where max RPM is limited to 60-70%. Been that way for years, although rare now. In-flight shut down and relight fixes it.

*clears throat*

Ahem, do any of you people have ''random failures'' enabled? That is literally a low percentage chance of something breaking. I've had it range from something as insignificant as the clock to something important like an APU or fuel system.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

*clears throat*

Ahem, do any of you people have ''random failures'' enabled? That is literally a low percentage chance of something breaking. I've had it range from something as insignificant as the clock to something important like an APU or fuel system.

I don’t believe so. My fuel gauge worked perfect last night. That being said I did have a compressor stall while in the furball that I’ve never experienced before. I was rocking the throttle too hard and probably some damage after eating a 23mm shell.

It was awesome.