SoftTH NEWS - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #61
TomDK

Reputation power: 8
TomDK is a jewel in the roughTomDK is a jewel in the roughTomDK is a jewel in the roughTomDK is a jewel in the roughTomDK is a jewel in the roughTomDK is a jewel in the rough

Thank you for the file, will check it out on sunday ... but I remember this folder. I have had to change there some files for the helios-setup ... have to watch out not mixing things up.

Nice idea to control the avionics directly, that means you are also very familiar with the TrackIR. I would driving nuts and make funniy acrobatics while trying to focus all the elemts and try to touch them.

What is Kukys "VeryHigh" settings ? I saw on your screenshots that you have some more options in graphic settings.

I tried out various settings with SoftTH, but windowed is the nicest look for me. With SoftTH the bezels in the aircraft were looking very bad. But I will hold it in spare (just renamed the .dll file) to reactivate if the second gui monitor shows up.

Thanks again !

Tom

... for the beginning:
MS-7750 i5_2500K @4500MhzA
16 GB RAM
ASUS GTX680-DC2T-2GD5 2048MB RAM
2 x SSD 120 GB
iijama 27 Zoll / iijama 24 Zoll touchscreen
TM HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR5, iControl, Saitek Combat Rudders, HELIOS, 6 panels so far, working UFC, Phidgets LED 64 card, Tactile Feedback System, a wooden simpit with a racing seat ... to be continued

My pit so far:
http://bilder.einzelart.de/thumbnail...lbum=74&page=3

TomDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #62
PeterP
Veteran

Reputation power: 98
PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDK View Post

What is Kukys "VeryHigh" settings ? I saw on your screenshots that you have some more options in graphic settings.
DCS A-10C - How to increase districts visibility
which screenshots? which more options?

Last edited by PeterP; 02-24-2012 at 11:09 PM.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #63
TomDK

Reputation power: 8
TomDK is a jewel in the roughTomDK is a jewel in the roughTomDK is a jewel in the roughTomDK is a jewel in the roughTomDK is a jewel in the roughTomDK is a jewel in the rough

Thanks again ..... I saw on a screenshot "very high " settings ... Its from this boost pack. Thanks again.

Tom

... for the beginning:
MS-7750 i5_2500K @4500MhzA
16 GB RAM
ASUS GTX680-DC2T-2GD5 2048MB RAM
2 x SSD 120 GB
iijama 27 Zoll / iijama 24 Zoll touchscreen
TM HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR5, iControl, Saitek Combat Rudders, HELIOS, 6 panels so far, working UFC, Phidgets LED 64 card, Tactile Feedback System, a wooden simpit with a racing seat ... to be continued

My pit so far:
http://bilder.einzelart.de/thumbnail...lbum=74&page=3

TomDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #64
esorciccio90

Reputation power: 0
esorciccio90 is on a distinguished road
Default soft th help/info

hello everyone,
my config is 1680x1050 (main camera) and 1 touch monitor 1920x1080.
I tried to optimize my multimonitor config with softth and my question is if is Softth able to teleport different 'grabs' to a single monitor
Any help would be very appreciated.
I've annex some images of my configuration
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camera+helios - 3600x1080.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	63755   Click image for larger version

Name:	Softth optimized 2213x1050.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	63756   Click image for larger version

Name:	Teleport question.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	63757  

Name:	Helios profile config 1920x1080.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	63758  
esorciccio90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:53 AM   #65
PeterP
Veteran

PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by esorciccio90 View Post
my question is if is Softth able to teleport different 'grabs' to a single monitor
NO.

Only one "destRect" line for one monitor.

The red outlined area shows the smallest possible render-area you can achieve for your setup:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	red area.png
Views:	166
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	63779  

Last edited by PeterP; 03-13-2012 at 05:59 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:57 AM   #66
esorciccio90

esorciccio90 is on a distinguished road

thanks for your help PeterP.
I'll have to work on my Helios profile in order to save as more space as possible, my gpu is an old ATI-4890
esorciccio90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #67
AlphaInfinity

Reputation power: 13
AlphaInfinity has a spectacular aura aboutAlphaInfinity has a spectacular aura aboutAlphaInfinity has a spectacular aura aboutAlphaInfinity has a spectacular aura about

Hi all,

Been out for a while. I have a 27 inch monitor at 1920X1080 and I have a 19 inch dell that will do 1280X1024. I would like to have the main camera on the larger monitor with the nav or gun camera on the smaller monitor.

What is the easiest setup? Softth or the other method using LUA files?
AlphaInfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #68
SpyderPB6

SpyderPB6 is on a distinguished road

I am familiar with the LUA style of setting up multiple monitors, main screen chopper, secondary screen SHKVAL and ABRIS. It is easy to do.

I would like to check out the SoftTH way of doing it though because you can play fullscreen.

PeterP: What is the best way for someone completely new to SoftTH, interested in it for DCS Blackshark 2, to get into it? Where should I start reading about how to use it?

Thanks
SpyderPB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #69
johnson6048

johnson6048 is on a distinguished road
Default MultiMonitor Help

I'm in the same boat as the last guy posting except I've got no understanding of the LUA setup. I made an effort to use two monitors for the first time tonight and thought I could simply select the option in the game settings. It forces everything on to one screen and does not use my second monitor at all. So now I find myself here....

I've done over an hours worth of reading through threads and SoftTH info and basically went through an information overload because there is so much out there. Hopefully since this thread started, things have progressed into a simpler process. Is there a simple "download and setup" method or do I give up hope on my multi-monitor dreams?

**This issue decides whether or not I build my custom cockpit or not.
johnson6048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:03 AM   #70
PeterP
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaInfinity View Post
Hi all,

Been out for a while. I have a 27 inch monitor at 1920X1080 and I have a 19 inch dell that will do 1280X1024. I would like to have the main camera on the larger monitor with the nav or gun camera on the smaller monitor.

What is the easiest setup? Softth or the other method using LUA files?
First you have to set up a working Multi-monitor set-up
for DCS that runs windowed.
When this is working you can utilize SoftTH to get a better performance.

So there is no "LUA-Edit" or "SoftTH" > It's always both methods.
But I think your problems are solved now >>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...59#post1426059

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderPB6 View Post

PeterP: What is the best way for someone completely new to SoftTH, interested in it for DCS Blackshark 2, to get into it? Where should I start reading about how to use it?

Thanks
Just Trying it out and learning by doing.

Start here again to read and use the SoftTH offline configurator.>>> SoftTh 2.x configuration tool

Once you have a working config, set manually needed things like the fix for corrupt texture rendering (First post in RED)

Also follow the links I posted about "educational threads".

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson6048 View Post
I've done over an hours worth of reading through threads and SoftTH info and basically went through an information overload because there is so much out there. Hopefully since this thread started, things have progressed into a simpler process. Is there a simple "download and setup" method or do I give up hope on my multi-monitor dreams?

**This issue decides whether or not I build my custom cockpit or not.
No - first you have to understand how to set up a working windowed-DCS multi-monitor setup.

When you have done this, you can start using SoftTH.

Start reading here again:
Multi-monitor set-up guide & help (unofficial)

Last edited by PeterP; 03-28-2012 at 06:08 AM.

Tags
softth