AV-8B Stutters - DCS 2.5 OB

SUNTSAG

If you share the mission i will test it and report here my results but, im only guessing, i think reading other similar posts that SLI is the issue here.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Mine does exactly what's in the video and I don't use SLI. It worked perfectly from release until yesterday evening.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

I fly the AV-8B. What's strange is that when it stutters, it will sometimes lock the TPod on a ground location. It also safes the laser while it is firing. I can refire the laser and the bomb sometimes picks it up and is accurate. It happens in nonVR also.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Without trying the mission i cant conclude anything but at the moment my Harrier has very good perfomance with no stutters.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Kobuleti and the valley around is ",infamous" because worst perfomance than other map locations.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry to hear you are having troubles... Sounds like you have figured out some of the troubles with Kobuleti airport. I haven't had the troubles you have had so I posted a video of a quick flight in the Harrier from my machine, have a look!

Edited by TheThumper

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My AV-8B is sweet, not a single stutter, and i`ve got a similar setup to yours as well.

i7 8086K(Delidded@5.2),ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula Z370,Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition, 32GB DDR4,860 Pro SSD x2,970 Pro M.2, 840 Evo, Asus ROG PG278Q G-Sync.. Rift S:pilotfly:https://imgur.com/a/TRIm7nL

I was flying out of Kobuleti regularly with no stutter or hiccup. It started all of a sudden yesterday... Downloading 2.5 without upgrading to see if it helps.

Download didn't fix it. Deleted saved games and starting from scratch

Not a VR thing.... I ran Windows process monitor and saw spike with the SSD when the stutter happens in VR and in monitor display. I don't think it is DCS itself but something with when it needs more data to draw the picture. I uninstalled Oculus completely and reinstalled.

Hi Thumper yeah got you PM thanks and I did reply so it should be in your inbox. I have a 500MB Samsung 850 SSD, so I would have imagined that would be sufficient to run 2.5 without access time stutters but I could be wrong. Unless there is a way to increase its access speed which I am unsure of. Cheers.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have been flying the Harrier in and around Kobuleti for the last 10 days having just purchased the module. Have had no issues with stutter at all, that is until I accepted and updated my Occulus software tonight.c

My system is I5 4670k 4.2 Ghz, 32 Gig of memory and a GTX 970, 500 Gig Samsung 850 pro M2 SSD.

i7 8700k @ 4.9 Ghz, MB Asrock Taichi, 32 Meg DDR4, Nvidia GTX 1080TI, Samsung SSD 960 Pro M2.

"The Royal Air Force has a reputation for the delivery of agile, adaptable and capable Air Power".

Hi Thumper yeah got you PM thanks and I did reply so it should be in your inbox. I have a 500MB Samsung 850 SSD, so I would have imagined that would be sufficient to run 2.5 without access time stutters but I could be wrong. Unless there is a way to increase its access speed which I am unsure of. Cheers.

Gotcha, I am running DCS on the same brand of SSD as you.

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, Try downgrading your Nvidia driver to the following exact version: 388.59.

There is a posting on the Oculus website regarding poor performance and the later version Nvidia drivers. I have downgraded myself, flown my test missions in Kobuleti and the issue is resolved. It is back to its smooth self again.

Hope this works for you.

Edited by nholderness
  • Like 1

i7 8700k @ 4.9 Ghz, MB Asrock Taichi, 32 Meg DDR4, Nvidia GTX 1080TI, Samsung SSD 960 Pro M2.

"The Royal Air Force has a reputation for the delivery of agile, adaptable and capable Air Power".

Hi, Try downgrading your Nvidia driver to the following exact version: 388.59.

There is a posting on the Oculus website regarding poor performance and the later version Nvidia drivers. I have downgraded myself, flown my test missions in Kobuleti and the issue is resolved. It is back to its smooth self again.

Hope this works for you.

You Sir are a Gentleman and Scholar, reverting has fixed my issue completely...thank you very much. I would also recommend this to a wider audience, as I don't get any stutters full stop now. :thumbup:

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]