Wrong Pickle behavior?

Moafuleum

Hi

I encountered a bug/strange situation when I flew the conventional bombing quick mission in nevada. When you select a bomb (Mk82, haven't tried it with GBUs or Rockeyes) on the strs page in AUTO mode, then press the pickle, no bomb falls after the trigger release so far (as intended) but if you switch from AUTO to DSL or CIP, the bomb drops immediately without a second pickle press. It seems like the pickle signal is "stored" until a valid fire solution is found. Even across the release modes. I don't think that this is intended?

Summarization of the steps:

1. Select bomb on the STRS page

2. make sure to have set AUTO as release mode

3. press the pickle and release it (the pickle)<- no bomb falls as we are still in auto mode

4. select DSL or CIP mode <- bomb drops as soon as the switch was flicked from auto to CIP

I uploaded a track

Thanks

//edited to make the steps more clear

AV8B_Bomb.trk

Edited by Moafuleum

Since I'm not at home I can't take a look in your track or the pocket guide but why should you need a second pickle press when dropping in CCIP?

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't need a second one just for CCIP. That's not my point, please read my post again :) (at step 3, the "release" was referred to the pickle, not the bomb, maybe that was confusing)

The problem in this case is that the bomb falls RIGHT AT THE TIME I FLICK THE RELEASE MODE SWITCH from auto to CIP, presuming that i have preliminary pressed the pickle in AUTO mode.

Edit: It's a pity that RAZBAM dind't animate the switches on the HOTAS so far, because then you would clearly see the point how and when I press the pickle and what happens exactly

Ok, I'm at home now and got what you were outlining. Did a small test and can confirm your report.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So made a couple of tests to sort out whats going wrong.

Equipped with some GBU 12 and the TPOD i designated a target on the ground. Then it was in RAUTO Mode. I pressed the pickle button one time and nothing happened. When i then switch to DSL Mode it released immediately the bomb without pressing again the pickle button.

Then i flew over the release point in RAUTO Mode without pressing before the pickle button nothing happened as it should be but when i was approx 5 sec. over the release point i was able to press the pickle button and it released the bomb immediateley even im in RAUTO mode were it only should release the bomb when the counter is 0 or ?

Because when u "overshoot" the release point it shouldnt be possible to release the bomb like in CCIP mode when RAUTO mode is on? Or this is maybe a feature i dont know but for me it looks like that when u reach the release point that the RAUTO mode acts like a CCIP mode.

Maybe i will try to make a video later and to mark the points were i pressed the pickle button and when not.

If I'm understanding the question correctly:

In AUTO, the pickle is simply a consent to release when all parameters are correct.

In CCIP, the pickle will release the bomb regardless of parameters.

Is this where the confusion lies?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Is this where the confusion lies?

No, I'm aware of the purposes of AUTO and CCIP. However, Repsol2k seems to be able to reproduce the bug.

I know that in CCIP or DSL, the bomb should fall as soon as I press the pickle button without a dependence on other parameters. But at the moment I pressed the pickle I was NOT in CCIP or DSL mode. I was in AUTO mode (by mistake because I forgot to switch do CCIP. This is how I discovered the bug btw.) Of course no bomb fell because AUTO mode requiers some release parameters to be met in order to drop the bomb. After all that, i switched to CIP and then IMMEDIATELY when i flicked the switch for the release mode, the bomb fell(without any second pickle press).

It seems like the system didn't clear the pickle press i made in AUTO mode and therefore there was still an "unused" pickle signal in the pipeline and since the CCIP mode requires no additional parameters, the bomb falls as soon as there is a pickle signal. And so it did when I switched to CIP mode as there was still a pickle signal "left" from the failed release attempt in AUTO mode.

cheers

So i made now two videos.

First video as i wickled around with the cursor in the middle lower part of the screen i pressed the pickle button. As it should be nothing happened. Then i switched to another mode and u see the bomb is relaesing immediately.

Second video i pressed the pickle button one time before the counter was 0.0. When the Harrier arrived the releasing point it was releasing the GBU without a pressed pickle button. Then i was able to press the pickle button again and it dropped the GBU again. And then i pressed it again as long as i had GBU's left. At the end of the video u can see i was able to bring all GBU's to one point with using the TPOD. So one run and 10 GBU's on one target. Can this behaviour be right ?

At the end of the video u see how the GBU's are flying into the target.

FYI: And when i saw that i was like Mhhhhhhh DCS 2.5 and the Harrier i Love IT.