AAT07 - Kill All Targets?

I have flown AAT07 a couple times now. It seems all vehicles must be destroyed at each waypoint to succeed. This is quite the number. There’s about 5 at the first, 5 at the second, about 20 at the third and about 10 in the convoy at the fourth. Are we really expected to kill about 40 targets with 14 rockets and one load on the gun? Even with short bursts on the gun, that’s a lot of targets and the rockets aren’t the most accurate for a one-shot/one kill. I average about 40 rounds in a gun burst, but this only gets me 25-30 targets without room for error.

I have flown AAT07 a couple times now. It seems all vehicles must be destroyed at each waypoint to succeed. This is quite the number. There’s about 5 at the first, 5 at the second, about 20 at the third and about 10 in the convoy at the fourth. Are we really expected to kill about 40 targets with 14 rockets and one load on the gun? Even with short bursts on the gun, that’s a lot of targets and the rockets aren’t the most accurate for a one-shot/one kill. I average about 40 rounds in a gun burst, but this only gets me 25-30 targets without room for error.

I think mighty Instructor Saber will teach us to employ our armament economically. How do you fire your rokets? Viggen-like all in one go for maximal area damage or individually in a very low pass?

It's definitively possible to kill all targets. Make sure that you approach the tanks in the convoy from behind. They require markably lesser rounds than from the front.

You may also like Recon Stewart's flythrough. He explains also every step he does. There you may see one of the possibilities to pass this PO, Airman! :pilotfly:

It seems it is possible, but took quite a bit of work! A CADC failure with loss of PACS in one try didn’t help.

While possible, I have to criticize these A-G delivery missions a little bit. Now that I’m through this one, I’m moving quicker through the others. But I don’t know that adding a half dozen stealing clean up runs is as valuable for training as it would be to stress meticulous employment of the weapons in question. Grading on bomb accuracy or something would seem much more fitting.

Would be nice to go more for quality over quantity. Maybe after proving we can be accurate and conserve gun ammo on the gun mission, could cut back on having to clean up all the targets. I don’t think I finished a single mission with more than 100 rounds of 30 mm.

Edited by ESzczesniak

Maybe after proving we can be accurate and conserve gun ammo on the gun mission, could cut back on having to clean up all the targets. I don’t think I finished a single mission with more than 100 rounds of 30 mm.

This is actually a good point. While I absolutely love to brrrrrrt some grounds unit away, the last tank always pissed me up. I always felt, that for some reasons the last tank always got some sort of extra armour. :doh:

My biggest note about the last 3 missions is the time spent to find one remaining truck somewhere in the burning pires once the convoy is pretty decimated and cluttered. It wasn't too bad in missions 8 and 9, but particularly in the last mission, I lost one or two outside the illumination flare boundary and never found them. I just had to keep reflying the mission until I got the convoy stopped quickly in the center of the flare.

I would have rather spent more time challenging the tested munitions than circling looking for one last AFV or truck to strafe down.

My biggest note about the last 3 missions is the time spent to find one remaining truck somewhere in the burning pires once the convoy is pretty decimated and cluttered. It wasn't too bad in missions 8 and 9, but particularly in the last mission, I lost one or two outside the illumination flare boundary and never found them. I just had to keep reflying the mission until I got the convoy stopped quickly in the center of the flare.

I would have rather spent more time challenging the tested munitions than circling looking for one last AFV or truck to strafe down.

By the way, I'd reccommend to fly the campaigns as single missions. This way you can go to the next mission, when something like "alost" truck happens a couple of times. Yes, I take the Qualification seriously. But again, it's a hobby and it's about fun too. :music_whistling: