Top Gun II Trailer

Phantom88

Tom Cruise was in the Back of an F when filming carrier shots, I know guys that were on the ship when they were filming.

He was also backseat when filming at Oceana for 2 days, I can verify this.

He was also backseat when filming out west.

External shots are of a -E w/ Custom paint, but the cockpit shots are a camera mounted on the canopy looking back on the WSO Seat.

The ONLY CGI in the movie will be some of the F-14A Flying Scenes.

The F-14A Taxi, Crash and Landing Scenes were done using a Museum Display Aircraft Remote Controls and Hoisting Mechanisms.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

What's wrong with that?

Drones and self-driving vehicles are one of the worst ideas ever.

Because the human driven vehicles don't cause 3,000,000 accidents and 40,000+ deaths each year in the USA... Oh wait. They do.

Drones however (the annoying flying things) are indeed an ass pain, though. Idiots and irresponsible people will cause it to be regulated into the ground though, don't worry. RC aircraft like I fly (50'' Bf-109G-6) already require FAA registration and have limited use restrictions on activity and location.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• ED Team

Looking forward to this!

My guess (based on the helmet and cockpit in the attached scene) is that he'll pilot a high-altitude recce bird with son-of-Goose (Lt. Gosling) in the back. They get shot down over Iran, sneak into an IRIAF base and steal a Tomcat to get back home with a fight along the way.

Untitl5ed-1.thumb.jpg.d275dce1be1036c5c58b18986d0bf638.jpg

Edited by Wags

hence the reason they used a mothballed A instead of the B or Ds that were in severely better condition visually.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Releasing a DCS Super Hornet the day after the movie starts in 2020 could make a fortune ;)

Ok... won't happen. I know.... right??

I mean, we've got that plane which is about 20% cooler already in DCS and the good old A will follow... dealwithit.png

The F-14A Taxi, Crash and Landing Scenes

Was that some kind of a spoiler? v8laic37.png

Looking forward to this!

My guess (based on the helmet and cockpit in the attached scene) is that he'll pilot a high-altitude recce bird with son-of-Goose (Lt. Gosling) in the back. They get shot down over Iran, sneak into an IRIAF base and steal a Tomcat to get back home with a fight along the way.

Sounds reasonalbe... I just wonder if they'll meet Al Bhundee rdlaugh.png

Regardless, they should do the scenes of that Tomcat breakout in DCS and credit ED and HB for their awesome work... luna-trcv.png

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I mean, we've got that plane which is about 20% cooler already in DCS and the good old A will follow... dealwithit.png

Was that some kind of a spoiler? v8laic37.png

Sounds reasonalbe... I just wonder if they'll meet Al Bhundee rdlaugh.png

Regardless, they should do the scenes of that Tomcat breakout in DCS and credit ED and HB for their awesome work... luna-trcv.png

It's not a spoiler if we've known since February.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/26505/an-f-14-tomcat-has-returned-to-the-deck-of-an-operational-carrier-for-top-gun-2-production

Iceman dies in the opening 15 minutes,

Anthony Edwards approved use of his scenes to be remastered and some scenes had a stand in with Anthony's face digitally mapped (new flashbacks), I can also Verify this.

Val's scenes are also digitally enhanced visually and audibly.

Edited by SkateZilla

I think she gets killed?

attachment.php?attachmentid=214007&stc=1&d=1563581635

phoenix.thumb.jpg.e1afb95b4c4f90ef8b3ff249098ae4a6.jpg

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

The F-14A Taxi, Crash and Landing Scenes were done using a Museum Display Aircraft Remote Controls and Hoisting Mechanisms.

Where is it possible to see the scenes with the Tomcat?

Bye

Phant

AMVI

Who censored his leather jacket patch on the back? The Japanese flag and Taiwanese flags have been replaced by random designs.

The anticipation of the Chinese market did.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Looking forward to this!

Or maybe their mission is to steal a Tomcat from Iran for some reason

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Looking forward to this!

That's more of a Mission: Impossible thing. ;)

Weak trailer. There is nothing impressive about it.

The only good part IMO was when Tom rode the H2. Rest looks nothing but random scenes. CGI (if there is CGI in it) looks decent.

Yes there is.

A trailer that doesn't give away the whole plot ( or in this case any plot information) Something not too common in todays times.

Furthermore as already noted unlike 1st Top gun, Many of the scenes arent CGI, They had Cruise actually filmed riding backseat in a F/A18F, taking all those G's, which will make for more authentic and immersive aviation film.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Looking forward to this!

Wags with the spoilers! :)

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

hrmm why would they remove japan and taiwan flags from maverick's jacket??????

check 1:11

See post #62 for my guess.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

The movie is co-produced by a Chinese company.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Releasing a DCS Super Hornet the day after the movie starts in 2020 could make a fortune ;)

Ok... won't happen. I know.... right??

It definitely would be in demand that's for sure! Wouldn't it be nice if there was a way to give DCSW showcasing the F-18 module before the movie? :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

My guess, he gets shot down over Iran, sneaks into their airbase and steals one of their Tomcats to get home.

He better hurry up, at this rate they wont have any tomcats left by 2020.

I can imagine they might use a fictional country that happened to have bought tomcats in the 70s.

The strange livery of some leaked photos would support this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=214220&stc=1&d=1563979366

In the original also, the name of the opposing country was never mentioned.

The (eagle?) in a yellow circle is very reminiscent of the red star in a yellow circle of the original.

1818487866_Bildschirmfoto2019-07-24um16_42_28.thumb.png.3d24e0525f19fcc0995975b9f17a068e.png

Edited by Boris

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat