YAK-52 English Cockpit

Johnr666

18 hours ago, Boris_CRO said:

Searching to remove metric system is like a knife to my heart... Imperial units should never even be in aviation in the first place. Heck I only fly continental europe WW2 planes and Russian jets for that particular reason.

That's the beauty of aviation in the UK - you get to enjoy both systems.  I fly an imperial altitude (ft) on a metric pressure setting (mb/hPa).  I measure fuel in litres and oil in quarts, and oil pressure in PSI.  My logbook is in h:m, and the a/c log is in decimal minutes. DIstance is in NM, but runway length metres (and ATZ in NM).  Cloud base is in feet, but visibility is metres.  They even mix units within the same rule "you must not fly lower than 1000 ft above the highest obstacle within 600 m of the aircraft".  It's all very simple really - you metric lot are missing all the fun.

• Like 2

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.