Eagerly awaited aircraft for DCS World - Page 129 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-05-2020, 07:50 PM   #1281
StressLess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipil View Post
I mean that it's not THE one brain melter promised to be announced. A Tonka sure would be great, though I don't think anything revolutionary about it.
Sorry meant it as a more generalized, somewhat rhetorical, question... A social observation if you will...

I don't think think this mystery plane is the MIG-29A as a couple of months ago there was a big kerfuffle about how they can't do MIGs or SUs or (insert redfor here)s because of politics. This mystery sandwich was served up well before that, so the possibility of the MIG-29A would be a more recent development...

So we come back the the Apache as the most likely, and for many this would be a brain melter (especially of it's the Longbow version), or the F-111 Aardvark.
DCS World - Ka-50, A-10C, P-51D, FC3, Combined Arms, UH-1H, NTTR, Normandy, WWII Assets, Persian Gulf, F-16C, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, NS430, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Christen Eagle II, F-14, Bf 109K-4, AV-8B, Misc campaigns, MB-339, A-4E, AJS-37, M-2000C
On My Radar - The Typhoon! Hoping for a Norway map 'cause I miss 'pining through the fjords' at mach speeds!!
StressLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:22 PM   #1282
Fri13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StressLess View Post

But I'd settle for any missile capable redfor aircraft with radar at this point, though I still expect the mystery aircraft to be the Tornado...
AFAIK the interview with someone from ED (the latest Grim Reapers) mentioned that ED is not going to do F-111 and if something, it will be made by some big 3rd party studio (hinting to Heatblur?)...

So no.

But already alone a major would be a RedAir multirole fighter. But for me it is not MiG-29A, as it is just a short range tactical fighter, IMHO not even a F-16C level really. So not by itself mind blowing, just by being a RedAir.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:38 PM   #1283
jojyrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
AFAIK the interview with someone from ED (the latest Grim Reapers) mentioned that ED is not going to do F-111 and if something, it will be made by some big 3rd party studio (hinting to Heatblur?)...

So no.

But already alone a major would be a RedAir multirole fighter. But for me it is not MiG-29A, as it is just a short range tactical fighter, IMHO not even a F-16C level really. So not by itself mind blowing, just by being a RedAir.

So, if its not a Mig 29...then what do you think? Any guesses that is really mind blowing? I hope its not a turboprop or WW2 stuff... That would not be mind blowing much. Maybe Apache?

They did hint its not F-111 nor the Tornado. They also said they hope Tornado is taken up by someone other 3rd party.
jojyrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:52 PM   #1284
Eldur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHAB View Post
The fact that wags & co are falling asleep laughing.
Because they know it's gonna be DCS: Tic Tac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pharoah View Post
i was really annoyed by the grim reapers interviewer...asking the question about multi engine aircraft then volunteering his own opinion. Whateveryourname is -shut up and stick to asking question. You don't speak for everyone. there's a lot of people that would love M/E aircraft.
He must have learned that from the public service broadcasters the common economy-biased press. Those usually do that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
Its in the recent Razbam interview with Ron, which is like an hour long but its in that interview somewhere.
Where is that? They promised us an update in July (or was it even June?), all we got was silence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fri13 View Post
Can't remember the F-111 being mentioned even once in that interview. And I would have catched on that as it's one of my most wanted modules. They just talked Tornado. And I do hope for Heatblur here. But sadly, most people want to get the A-6 because of a movie...
Old 08-07-2020, 02:52 PM   #1285
Majik

I was watching an old Bunyap video on Tonopah, and honestly, the more I read and think about the "brain melter", and as more and more options get refuted, the more I'm convinced we could be looking at an F-117A.

It's out of service, outside of stealth not technologically superior to some of the gen 4 stuff we have (in terms of systems), and certainly fits the brain melter moniker. After the F-16, ED has a relationship with Lockheed. Stealth modelling doesn't need to be detailed; the in-game AI model already has a low RCS, so something along those lines making it low-observable could easily be modelled without divulging anything.

It also nicely fits this quote: "it isnt as new as to NOW. It's a challenge to fly, and is a milestone."* source -ED tester
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=992

Bunyap mentions that the "too-classified" discussion always comes up when talking about it in the below linked video (around 10:27), but that it's not really true, and I'd trust him on that statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAivRN00sSo

Last edited by Majik; 08-07-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Majik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
melting brains