helmet ring displacement

Sprool

Helmet ring displacement setting: I did a search for info on this setting in DCS but found nothing, what does this do and how does it function? Is it for tuning in the sight position with your track-ir? What do you have yours set to?

If I'm not mistaken this changes the 'center offset' of the HMD sight.

If you bring that sight down to mark targets visually, it is by default not put in the center of your vision, but a bit above. The advantage is that you can mark a target looking out the window and at the same time look at the Shkval screen for example, for a quick ID.

Pending your display settings, exact way of handling these things etc, a different displacement might be better. For example, if you zoom in a bit, the HMD reticle might be outside of your field of view quickly and you'd want a smaller displacement. If you find yourself having to go back and forth between designating and looking down at the panel, you might want a higher value.

I center mine because when I zoom in to look at a target I want the hmd to stay in the center of my vision. I have the toggle bound on my throttle so blocking my shkval isn’t a problem for me.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

anyone tried this today after the update? now all it does is like a bright grey night vision. it does it with the mapped key or mouse click on the cockpit switch.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

On which mission? I believe you get to choose between NVG and HMS.

oh that is right. never mind that then, I was messing with the mission editor and forgot about that setup

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27