Disabling autoupdate check for DCS World

I have an installation of DCSW 1.216 that I wish to keep for sometime, until 1.5x - 2.0 prove themselves reliable in the mission editor, etc.

I don't ever want this install to ask me to upgrade it, so how do I turn it off permanently so I don't accidently click upgrade one day ???

Yes, I also have DCSW 1.5x and OB installed and want them to upgrade as per normal.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

The simplest way is to just create a shortcut to the DCS.exe, place it in your task bar, and run DCS World using that instead of the usual boot up sequence via DCS_updater.exe.

It just bypasses the updater check, and goes straight to the game.

That is what I tried, but with the v1.216 install if I run \bin\dcs.exe it takes me straight to a black screen of nothing with shadow play recorder icon showing and nothing else, same as just like running the multiplayer icon on dcs 1.5x.

It does work with the dcsw 1.5x installs though.

Maybe it needs a command line switch or command to do it properly.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Nice try, but no cigar, ;-)

Don't run dcs.exe, looks like Launcher.exe (I didn't see that down on the list in file browser) does the job

Thanks.

Edited by MadDog-IC
Fixed it, I think

DCS Tech Support.

change dcs_updater.exe to launcher.exe, in your dcsw shortcutm

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs