The Alps

wolkenjaeger

As a swiss, I would love such a map.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

Too big, too densly populated, maybe a 1940/45 era could be done, but even then Too densly populated... and still too big.

It´s not about Square kilometers/Miles, its about the density of objects you need to put inside those Kilometers... why do you think nevada is so, so small and has so little detail outside Las Vegas...

Edited by Baco

• 3 weeks later...

would be cool, and I think Italian players would appreciate to have military airports like ghedi or cameri, especially when the typhoon will come out. And generally for Europeans player would be cool to operate the typhoon in Europe.

But I think it should be a bit smaller than that or maybe no too many detailed areas

Edited by yuck32

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

would be cool, and I think Italian players would appreciate to have military airports like ghedi or cameri, especially when the typhoon will come out. And generally for Europeans player would be cool to operate the typhoon in Europe.

But I think it should be a bit smaller than that or maybe no too many detailed areas

Not only that, there would also be the USAF base in Aviano, the Rivolto AB, "house" of the Frecce Tricolori(MB-339), Treviso-Istrana(Eurofighter), Casarsa della Delizia 5º Reggimento aviazione dell'Esercito "Rigel"(army helicopter base), Bolzano 4º Reggimento AVES "Altair"(army helicopter base).

Then in Switzerland there would be all the important air bases, Payerne, Emmen(Patrouille Suisse), Sion, then the Axalp shooting range.

then also considering the other bases in the other neighboring countries

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not only that, there would also be the USAF base in Aviano, the Rivolto AB, "house" of the Frecce Tricolori(MB-339), Treviso-Istrana(Eurofighter), Casarsa della Delizia 5º Reggimento aviazione dell'Esercito "Rigel"(army helicopter base), Bolzano 4º Reggimento AVES "Altair"(army helicopter base).

Then in Switzerland there would be all the important air bases, Payerne, Emmen(Patrouille Suisse), Sion, then the Axalp shooting range.

then also considering the other bases in the other neighboring countries

E del dogfight tra le Alpi potrebbe essere interessante :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Come solo i piloti svizzeri sanno fare

Inviato dal mio STF-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comunque se ti interessa sto mettendo su un gruppo di DCS della zona. per il momento abbastanza improvvisata (avendolo creato ieri), se ti va di farci un salto qua trovi il link per il gruppo dove troverai il link discord:smilewink: sto ancora reclutando gente percio' per il momento non sara' molto attivo

https://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=250

Edited by yuck32

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Comunque se ti interessa sto mettendo su un gruppo di DCS della zona. per il momento abbastanza improvvisata (avendolo creato ieri), se ti va di farci un salto qua trovi il link per il gruppo dove troverai il link discord:smilewink: sto ancora reclutando gente percio' per il momento non sara' molto attivo

https://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=250

Ti mando MP

Inviato dal mio STF-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thumbs up. Would be a SUPER good map for all kinds of things.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

They do have a legal entity there, that's what's on the website under "legal info":

Eagle Dynamics SA
Route de la Glâne 107
Villars-sur-Glâne, 1752
Switzerland

Seems to be just an office in some office complex, so watch out for civilian casualties.😅 Devs are located in Russia and Belarus AFAIK.

In the end though, between the lack of historical conflict (mountains are natural barriers, there usually isn't any huge conflict in a mountain range), the huge population centers and the size of this map, I don't think it would ever get made. I'd love to fly through Switzerland in DCS, but for now it has to be in some other civilian sim.

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals