The DCS Updater / Launcher GUI Utility Version 2.0 (2023+)

I use Skatezilla's app constantly. Actually, I never turn it off.

There is no special order you need to start them as VA don't give a damn about DCS, as it's basically "a keyboard", and for sure doesn't care about the launcher.

I have added the VAICOM tray app in the launcher, so whenever/if I restart Windows I just start it and it will launch VA automatically.

So, to answer your question. Start them in any order you like. Doesn't matter.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I use Skatezilla's app constantly. Actually, I never turn it off.

There is no special order you need to start them as VA don't give a damn about DCS, as it's basically "a keyboard", and for sure doesn't care about the launcher.

I have added the VAICOM tray app in the launcher, so whenever/if I restart Windows I just start it and it will launch VA automatically.

So, to answer your question. Start them in any order you like. Doesn't matter.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Max, much apreciated :thumbup:

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO (wifi) motherboard ( latest bios etc )

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Corsair Domiinator Platinum 32 GB (4x8Gb ) 3600MHz RAM

EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 11Mb graphics card

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME M.2( Boot up and main program storage )

Fractal S36 AIO CPU Cooler

Oculus Quest + LINK system

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + CH Rudder Pro

Aircraft: Gazelle, Huey, AV-8B, A10C, Spitfire

Scenery etc: Super carrier, Syria, Persian Gulf, A10C Trng Qual, Worlds apart Spring 2025,

Guys, how do I update to the latest beta build from yesterday, DCS 2.5.6.53756 Open Beta 2020-08-18, it's not showing when I try to update?

I'd like to use the Syria map I purchased.

i5 11600k 4.9ghz, 64gb 3600, 3070ti, multiple ssd/nvme, Rift S, TM Warthog / Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Nevada, Normandy, Syria, A10C/2, KA-50 3, P51D, L39, Huey, WW2 Assets, VaicomPro

Guys, how do I update to the latest beta build from yesterday, DCS 2.5.6.53756 Open Beta 2020-08-18, it's not showing when I try to update?

Not sure why you are posting in this thread about that, but anyway, the patch hasn't been released yet.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Not sure why you are posting in this thread about that, but anyway, the patch hasn't been released yet.

Because I'm using this utility to manage my dcs install?

i5 11600k 4.9ghz, 64gb 3600, 3070ti, multiple ssd/nvme, Rift S, TM Warthog / Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Nevada, Normandy, Syria, A10C/2, KA-50 3, P51D, L39, Huey, WW2 Assets, VaicomPro

In the app, you just press update.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Ya, same as every other time I've updated, but it's saying the latest is DCS 2.5.6.52437 Open Beta, that's not the latest according to the updated list from yesterday.

Why would they list a new version as being available yesterday, if it's not available. No need to answer, just seems pretty stupid to me.

Ya, same as every other time I've updated, but it's saying the latest is DCS 2.5.6.52437 Open Beta, that's not the latest according to the updated list from yesterday.

Why would they list a new version as being available yesterday, if it's not available. No need to answer, just seems pretty stupid to me.

It wasn’t from yesterday. The post only went up this afternoon. As I said, be patient. It’ll be here soon.

Still, this thread is for discussing the app, not the status of patches.

It wasn’t from yesterday. The post only went up this afternoon. As I said, be patient. It’ll be here soon.

And if the app wasn't updating to the latest open beta version that was dated Aug 18th, then the question is more that appropriate in this utilities thread.

Give it a rest.

And if the app wasn't updating to the latest open beta version that was dated Aug 18th, then the question is more that appropriate in this utilities thread.

Give it a rest.

This has nothing to do with the app. As I keep saying, the patch is not released yet.

Always check patch status here https://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

So, if there was a update available, and the utility wasn't updating, then asking a question as to why dcs wasn't updating using this utility isn't appropriate? Give me a break.

Where would you propose I ask the question then, if not in the thread for the utility that does the updating? Surely you can understand why the question was raised in the first place? This site shows an update dated Aug 18, if it's not available, then don't post it.

There was no need to "question" the validity of the question, it was most certainly pertaining to this app.

If the update isn't available yet, then fine, I have no need to question whether the app is working properly at my end, or not. It's as simple as that. But when this site shows an update, and my update utility isn't updating my current version, I'm most certainly going to ask the question, in the update utilities thread.

Is it really that hard to understand?

And yes, the post is from today, but it's dated as available yesterday, even more reason for my original question. Here, in case you haven't seen it, the first few lines, dated Aug 18th.

"DCS 2.5.6.53756 Open Beta 2020-08-18

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...a/2.5.6.53756/

Introduced the new DCS: Syria Map by Ugra Media.

Introduced two new campaigns:

DCS: F/A-18C Raven One Сampaign by Baltic Dragon

DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Crew Part 1 Campaign by Stone Sky"

Edited by Muskoka

So, if there was a update available, and the utility wasn't updating, then asking a question as to why dcs wasn't updating using this utility isn't appropriate? Give me a break.

Where would you propose I ask the question then, if not in the thread for the utility that does the updating? Surely you can understand why the question was raised in the first place? This site shows an update dated Aug 18, if it's not available, then don't post it.

There was no need to "question" the validity of the question, it was most certainly pertaining to this app.

If the update isn't available yet, then fine, I have no need to question whether the app is working properly at my end, or not. It's as simple as that. But when this site shows an update, and my update utility isn't updating my current version, I'm most certainly going to ask the question, in the update utilities thread.

And yes, the post is from today, but it's dated as available yesterday, even more reason for my original question. Here, in case you haven't seen it, the first few lines, dated Aug 18th.

Because the patch notes; always precede the patch; sometimes by some hours...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Sorry, I guess you are quite new to this. The patch notes go up on the thread you mentioned before the patch is available. I agree it is a little confusing when the post mentions 18 August, however, the fact that notes are posted is not relevant to whether the patch is up live.

As I said above, always go to https://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ to see the status of the patches.

If there was a patch there that the app wasn't updating to, then , yes, it would be appropriate to post a question here.

Where would you propose I ask the question then, if not in the thread for the utility that does the updating?

Just to add to what have already been explained to you.

This utility is, if I have understood it correctly, merely a shell, a GUI to simplify frequently requested functions. The update, repair and clean functions are actually preformed by the very same launcher as if you would start DCS with its regular icon on your desktop. Has nothing to do with this utility other than this utility makes it a bit more intuitive and simplified for the user. You can perform all three (and more) functions utilizing the cmd.exe, but obviously with text based commands.

So if this utility doesn't find an update (that isn't released yet), the update check performed every time you start DCS the official way by the official launcher won't find any update either (since it's not released yet), because it's the same exe that is running.

So no, it's not here you report these things.

Edit:

When a third party application (like this one) is failing something that you suppose should work, always, ALWAYS, try the official way of doing things (even if a bit tedious) before complaining on the third party app.

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Because I'm using this utility to manage my dcs install?

Give it a rest.

This has nothing to do with the app. As I keep saying, the patch is not released yet.

Always check patch status here https://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

Because the patch notes; always precede the patch; sometimes by some hours...

Just to add to what have already been explained to you.

This utility is, if I have understood it correctly, merely a shell, a GUI to simplify frequently requested functions. The update, repair and clean functions are actually preformed by the very same launcher as if you would start DCS with its regular icon on your desktop. Has nothing to do with this utility other than this utility makes it a bit more intuitive and simplified for the user. You can perform all three (and more) functions utilizing the cmd.exe, but obviously with text based commands.

So if this utility doesn't find an update (that isn't released yet), the update check performed every time you start DCS the official way by the official launcher won't find any update either (since it's not released yet), because it's the same exe that is running.

So no, it's not here you report these things.

Edit:

When a third party application (like this one) is failing something that you suppose should work, always, ALWAYS, try the official way of doing things (even if a bit tedious) before complaining on the third party app.

The latest Open Beta was released TODAY, not yesterday.

using the Utility and Clicking the Update Command, will use the DCS_Updater exe to Update. if the Server is reporting no update, that's because the version number currently install IS IN FACT the Latest one, it has nothing to do with the app.

The Version Numbers listed on the home screen of the app are updated a few hours after servers, as it periodically pings the update site and fetches the latest version numbers from there.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Changelog for 1.1.0.1037 / 8.19.2020.1:

-Added Syria Assets

-Added The Crew Part I Assets

-Added Raven One Assets

-Type Fixes

-Tab Index Adjustments

-Code Cleanup

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Quick question and I didnt see any reference to this, but since updating to the last version Ive noticed that I cant click on the launch button unless I click on the update or repair button beforehand. Same with the VR On/Off buttons. Is this a feature now?

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

idea

@SZ,

First - thank you for this great utility!!:thumbup:

I would like to suggest adding an option (a checkbox maybe) for JSGME/OVGME users,

that whenever it is checked by the user - it will serve to pop up a warning/reminder to disable all mods before using the update/repair/clean buttons...

thus preventing unfortunate mishaps...:smilewink:

Cheers,

Ron

Callsign   SETUP

i don't see that issue

well to me I cant select launch or anything else unless I click update or repair first. Im using build 8.19.2020 version 1.1.0.1037.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Quick question and I didnt see any reference to this, but since updating to the last version Ive noticed that I cant click on the launch button unless I click on the update or repair button beforehand. Same with the VR On/Off buttons. Is this a feature now?

Please Zip and Attach Updater App Logs.

I would like to suggest adding an option (a checkbox maybe) for JSGME/OVGME users,

that whenever it is checked by the user - it will serve to pop up a warning/reminder to disable all mods before using the update/repair/clean buttons... thus preventing unfortunate mishaps.

This...

I "always" have mishaps, just had another one with the last update...:cry:

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Please Zip and Attach Updater App Logs.

here

New WinRAR archive.rar

My wallpaper and skins

here

DCS.exe Process may still be running when you launch the App.

Most of the Session Starts dont even get to the Last Line in the Start up,

The Start up gets to the DCS Version Check then stops,

After DCS Version check the app scans for DCS's Processes running or not.