BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news

The_Fragger

BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news  

1605 members have voted

1. 1. BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news

• Yes
    • No
    • I dont't care

Part of me would like other 3rd party devs to consider using Heatblur's Jester AI instead everyone trying to re-invent the wheel...

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Thats pretty sweet, looks like they might even be using something like a simplified Johnson Criteria for AI spotting. But the Mi-8, and huey were supposed to have this too I thought.

No, the Huey and Hip were only intended to have a very rudimentary gunnery ai, which they have.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

No, the Huey and Hip were only intended to have a very rudimentary gunnery ai, which they have.

Then again, implementing it to them would go a bit towards "sorry for multicrew being 5+ years late". If its not too big of a task.

Thats pretty sweet, looks like they might even be using something like a simplified Johnson Criteria for AI spotting. But the Mi-8, and huey were supposed to have this too I thought.

Because something like a RIO AI for an aircraft as detailed as the ones in DCS can't be copy pasted. It's going to require a complete overhaul for each aircraft it's used in anyway.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Because something like a RIO AI for an aircraft as detailed as the ones in DCS can't be copy pasted. It's going to require a complete overhaul for each aircraft it's used in anyway.

I have no doubt of that. Also why I'm not holding my breath on most helos or multicrew aircraft.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

F-14 is the same as the L-39 (Even the doomed hawk) You was technically not sharing the same space in multi crew (Like the gazelle) It a work around ED need to come up with. With F-14 the pilot and rio is separated same as L-39 hence why it works.

What does this have to do with the BO-105? The thread runs under the title BO-105 progress news ...

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

F-14 is the same as the L-39 (Even the doomed hawk) You was technically not sharing the same space in multi crew (Like the gazelle) It a work around ED need to come up with. With F-14 the pilot and rio is separated same as L-39 hence why it works.
I keep hearing this reasoning tossed around, but in my mind it doesn't add up. The Gazelle, for example, is technically "one pit" however it's cut in half just like the F 14 or L-39. The pilot uses some controls, the weapons operator others. Personally I think the back end for multicrew is there and totally functional, I think it's more incumbent on the third parties to update/utilize those abilities.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Yes, but actually there is/was this bug where the RIO can actually click on buttons in the pilot's Cockpit so at least it is possible when using the mouse. Control bindings may be more challenging, but the click zones seem to work...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I keep hearing this reasoning tossed around, but in my mind it doesn't add up. The Gazelle, for example, is technically "one pit" however it's cut in half just like the F 14 or L-39. The pilot uses some controls, the weapons operator others. Personally I think the back end for multicrew is there and totally functional, I think it's more incumbent on the third parties to update/utilize those abilities.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Its just a theory, And to look at it another way, However this is no other 3rd party thread but Miltech i dont fancy it being hi-jacked by the debate.

• ED Team

Indeed, and I think the direction ED is going with the Hind is a little different, so its possible ED can do an API version that can be more easily transferred if a 3rd Party so decided.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Indeed, and I think the direction ED is going with the Hind is a little different, so its possible ED can do an API version that can be more easily transferred if a 3rd Party so decided.

Awsome news 9L!

giphy.gif

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 weeks later...
Why is it possible to make comments here under "BO-105 PAH1A1 progress news"? Need to look trough 100 pages for to see if there is any "progress"...

Just use the thread search and search for comments from "The_Fragger".

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The "!!! UPDATES !!!" thread being just a few more model shots with no actual news was kind of a bummer.

Still waiting on any word on if there's any time frame and who this mystery 3rd party dev collaborator is. The rest is pretty much just fluff.

The "!!! UPDATES !!!" thread being just a few more model shots with no actual news was kind of a bummer.

Still waiting on any word on if there's any time frame and who this mystery 3rd party dev collaborator is. The rest is pretty much just fluff.

Yes - That's the current state. And the "Fluff" is just the current state of rework for doing everything on my own.

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 64 Gb

Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TI 4GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law ! :punk:

And thank you for sticking with it and keeping us posted! The fact that you also have a life and family to support while doing this is easily overlooked unfortunately.

I can only begin to imagine some of your frustrations on this journey. Let's hope for a bright future ahead.

I will order as soon as I can. Untill that time, accept my utmost respect.

Edited by The_Fragger
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you very much Derk.thumbup.gif

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Yes - That's the current state. And the "Fluff" is just the current state of rework for doing everything on my own.
Don't let yourself get frustrated. I guess many of the forum members around have followed your journey through the valley's of darkness for quite a while and know very well, how much time and effort you put into the project.

I can only imagine how much energy it must have cost you, to stick with your work of love through the times with the Company split, until you found a new home for the baby, that the BO-105 must be to you.

Whenever you're ready! Instant buy, buddy.

Halt die Ohren steif, Olli. Du stehst das durch!

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thanks shagrat :thumbup:. I will never let her go. Der Wille ist da.

• Like 1

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

So Fragger I'm curious. You obviously have a dedication this project that is quite impressive. This helicopter looks like it has been in development in some form.or fashion since at least 2014. She's not exactly my cup of tea but Id certainly purchase it just to show support to anyone giving the rotor head community some love. Y question is do you have the ability with enough time to bring this to DCS alone or will you eventually have to find some help with code or art?

So Fragger I'm curious. You obviously have a dedication this project that is quite impressive. This helicopter looks like it has been in development in some form.or fashion since at least 2014. She's not exactly my cup of tea but Id certainly purchase it just to show support to anyone giving the rotor head community some love. Y question is do you have the ability with enough time to bring this to DCS alone or will you eventually have to find some help with code or art?

If I could code, she would already be available.

Additionally - I already "have" a 3rd party which will finish the BO. It's just a matter of time when she will be number 1 in the tube.

• Like 1

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eurofighter Typhoon

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

HOTAS Warthog

Hofmann Simpad Rudders

Additionally - I already "have" a 3rd party which will finish the BO. It's just a matter of time when she will be number 1 in the tube.

I don't fly any choppers until now, but as soon as your BO will be in early access or finished, I'll buy my first one. OK, I've been flying the "Commanche 4.0" but you can't really call that a simulation... :)

• Like 1

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I smell Heatblur? :D

I smell Heatblur? :D

I hope so, i can't wait to fly this beauty. This little bird must be a blast in VR :joystick::D

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings