** Enhancement Thread **

Mt5_Roie

Different loadout options for the L variant, I suppose. There should be more options for expanded rocket loadouts, DAGR rocket pods, an option to take off the rocket pod and replace with a second 20mm cannon.

It's a great helicopter, but I feel like there's just more potential for mission variation with an expanded loadout.

(Originally Posted by Hawkeye60 viewpost.gif

A few more key binds please,

--WEAPS DAY NIGHT

{down = device_commands.Button_1,cockpit_device_id = devices.PH, value_down = 0.0, name = _('WEAPS TEST2'), category = _('SA342 Weapons Panel')},

{down = device_commands.Button_1,cockpit_device_id = devices.PH, value_down = 0.3, name = _('WEAPS TEST1'), category = _('SA342 Weapons Panel')},

{down = device_commands.Button_1,cockpit_device_id = devices.PH, value_down = 0.5, name = _('WEAPS OFF'), category = _('SA342 Weapons Panel')},

{down = device_commands.Button_1,cockpit_device_id = devices.PH, value_down = 0.8, name = _('WEAPS DAY'), category = _('SA342 Weapons Panel')},

{down = device_commands.Button_1,cockpit_device_id = devices.PH, value_down = 1.0, name = _('WEAPS NIGHT'), category = _('SA342 Weapons Panel')},

Thanks)

And this in particular!!!!!

From first post,

Weapons: Add Guns, Rockets, Mistral, and sharks with lasers on them.

Re-posting this request. :D

Still waiting for the Sharks.............

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Different loadout options for the L variant, I suppose. There should be more options for expanded rocket loadouts, DAGR rocket pods, an option to take off the rocket pod and replace with a second 20mm cannon.

It's a great helicopter, but I feel like there's just more potential for mission variation with an expanded loadout.

fictional and not going to happen. Sorry. the weapon loadouts are as they are and only one last add will be happening to the Gazelle in terms of weapons, but non of the listed.

Do you have any source showing that you can have DAGR rockets or a second 20mm canon on a gazelle?

It's a light attack helicopter, IRL the loadouts are as in the sim.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

• 1 month later...

Didn’t see it in the thread but you can’t see the camera thing on on top of the cockpit from within it - I can only see from the external view.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• 3 months later...

@borchi_2b

So i kindly would like to know whether any of the things from the OP list is still on the implementation list, specifically the following four items:

1. cockpit: UK or English version

2. Auto-Hover: Add ability to use rudders

3. Auto-Hover: Indicate when it's on with a lamp

4. model: add cargo hook and hoist option

@borchi_2b

2. Auto-Hover: Add ability to use rudders

But your almost there, just cyclic and collective to go and you don't need auto hover. :P

4. model: add cargo hook and hoist option

Or use the MG version with out MG you could bring in crates of French beer, wine and food for the officers mess,.. :lol: :D

It's still flying transport right. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

• 6 months later...

Any chance of a Minigun version where you can just leave off the gunner in the back?

And the copilot maybe? Model and weights... you know... just for aerobatic maneuvers ... I am sure it will look nice on aerobatic servers an unarmed Gazelle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 months later...

I've not read all the pages so apologies if this has already been mentioned. It would be nice for the radio selection switch to be in operation as it is modelled (next to the VHF radio) along with a PTT trigger. I'm requesting this because I'm using SRS in multiplayer.

Thanks for creating the Gazelle...I'm enjoying flying it.

• 6 months later...

I'm just pleased to see the Gazelle get some love - as 'wish list' item :

• I'd like to be able to contact AWACS, etc. using F7 to get SA for any nearby bandits, so I know when they'pop up' and can take appropriate measures, both as the hunter (SA342-Mistral) and the prey (SA342-M, L and mini-gun).

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

sorry, but some news for the flight model? it makes no sense to improve missiles, sounds and rwr if the flight model is too basic.

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

sorry, but some news for the flight model?

It's listed as part of Polychop's long term Gazelle development.

As stated before, our intentions were to learn from the flaws in the Gazelle and build the new module from scratch, then implement and adapt the new code for the Gazelle module. Now we will focus on finding ways to develop both the Gazelle and the new module in parallel.

... it makes no sense to improve missiles, sounds and rwr if the flight model is too basic.

I disagree, I want to continue using the Gazelle while Polychop create and validate their new Kiowa flight model, etc. that will likely be ported to the Gazelle at a later date.

The items you list used to work in 1.5.x i.e. RWR sounds, lighting, etc., they are bugs, not enhancements 'per se'.

IMHO allowing core 2.5.x changes and/or new bugs to break the Gazelle so it becomes unusable, is not a sustainable business model.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

sorry, but some news for the flight model? it makes no sense to improve missiles, sounds and rwr if the flight model is too basic.

Hi Aviators,

We'll be updating the Gazelle and bring out patches that fix numerous issues and bugs pointed out by the community. The pinnacle will be the new flight model. This however will take a lot of time as it will be a complete replacement of the current one. In the mean time we will address the rest of the issues as well. The end result would be a Gazelle module that is up to standard compared to the rest of the modules.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciated your current presence and availability. Except that I think it is more mature and professional to fix an old product so as to demonstrate the seriousness of the promises made, instead of first releasing a new module and then working on the old module later. From my point of view, this is confidence, as the gazelle has suffered several bugs and has been abandoned for years.

I will wait for reviews from the web.

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

• 3 months later...

An update on the current development of the Gazelle would be desirable again ... Or is nothing currently happening here ... more ...?

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

• 2 months later...
An update on the current development of the Gazelle would be desirable again ... Or is nothing currently happening here ... more ...?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=250574

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

• 1 month later...

Would be great to have a sign by PC that they aknowledge the bugs reported and are working on them. I do understand that the Kiowa takes most of their resources right now, but I hope that the Gazelle still gets some bug fixes along the road, as it might be a long way until the Kiowa will be released.

...but I hope that the Gazelle still gets some bug fixes along the road, as it might be a long way until the Kiowa will be released.

Hi Pilot Ike,

I'm working exclusively on the Gazelle myself. I have very little to do with the Kiowa development other than some of the newly developed features for the Gazelle might find their way in to the Kiowa as well. That being said, I know things aren't moving as fast as we'd like. This is due to the fact that besides being part of Polychop I'm also a police officer and the corona crisis is taking its toll on the department in various ways, forcing me to work a lot of extra shifts there. This is not meant as an excuse, just trying to be transparent on the issue.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]