Congratulations ED!

hein22

I know we are in front of a study sim and there are tons of stuff simulated but when I come across things like the one I'm about to point out, I feel happy and grateful that we have ED in our world. I also know there are things like the fire test closing the bleed air valves requiring you to cycle them, but I found something in NATOPS that was pretty deep and mixed in between stuff and I can't believe ED simulated it! NATOPS: "When the first ground power switch is set to ON, the avionics under-cool warning temperature switch performs an internal BIT (approximately 3 seconds). During BIT, the ground power switch(es) must be held ON or it reverts to AUTO." Well, guess what? We DO have to hold the switch or otherwise it returns to Auto. WELL DONE ED! Please be around for ever.

Edited by hein22

Stay safe

• ED Team

Please note we cannot share links to classified documents on our forums, even if they are found on the web.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Please note we cannot share links to classified documents on our forums, even if they are found on the web.

thanks

I wasn't going to. Just posted to give some positive words about your huge and good work.

Edited by hein22

Stay safe

thanks

I wish ED would recognize that there are publicly available (declassified) versions of the NATOPS etc around, which have been uploaded/linked directly by their respective branches / governmental entities...

I wish ED would recognize that there are publicly available (declassified) versions of the NATOPS etc around, which have been uploaded/linked directly by their respective branches / governmental entities...

Why would they want to risk someone posting something that may be deemed sensitive? What's the gain when there are other ways for people to get those materials to others who want them? I can easily see it not being worth the squeeze. I am critical of a lot but I can see why they made that decision.

Seems silly to me. If ED is modeling a flight sim based on classified information then there is a much bigger issue going on. I'm guessing anything found on the internet is not classified material as it relates to the Hornet. If it is in the model, it is safe to talk about it.

Seems silly to me. If ED is modeling a flight sim based on classified information then there is a much bigger issue going on. I'm guessing anything found on the internet is not classified material as it relates to the Hornet. If it is in the model, it is safe to talk about it.

That's a very big guess that carries a heavy penalty. It's not that they are simulating classified stuff, it's that they can't control what is in the documents that people may post which could land them in waters they would rather avoid.

Well, maybe this wasn't the kind of response one would expect from a supporting thread (all I got from the staff was a warning about confidential info and clowns complaining) but I wanted to say thanks again to ED. Good work and keep it up.

Stay safe

Concerning the 'classified information' you should also all keep in mind that it not only matters what a certain document says, it also matters a lot who actually shares it. Just because information is available to the public by some means does not always mean that everybody who has this exact same piece of knowledge first-hand is at liberty of talking about it.

On topic I can agree that DCS, with all of its shortcomings and often rather frustrating problems, can quite often make up for those with an astonishing attention to detail. There has to be a reason so many of us keep coming back.