MP JTAC Question

falcon_120

Hello guys and girls,

So I was wondering? Why on almost every MP server, when there is a JTAC around you get a message with laser code and coordinates that only last a few seconds, you cant call it back through the radio menu and to make things worst, it gives you the coordinates in Decimal degress and MGRS?

Almost any plane in DCS needs coordinates in other formats or does not admit MGRS yet (except for the A10). But what gives me headaches is that you can never check it on the radio menu?

Wouldn't be cool if you could access that data with the radio menu, and even better, that it could be displayed in more usable formats?

Its not like i dont know how to use a converter, its just that fliying in VR is such an enormous pain in the ass to alt tab out of the game to do the conversion and get back into the game to use the coordinates...

Maybe i'm missing some obvious workaround, i dont know...

I'm absolutely sure I have been on servers that have radio commands in place for script-automated JTAC units to repeat the coordinates, codes, whatever. Just decide on which your favourite server is and talk to your trusted admin about it, I guess. It's definitely possible.

The built-in, active AI JTAC unit should give you the coordinates as part of the 9-line briefing when you check in for targets and has the option to repeat the briefing via radio if you need it. That one, though, definitely can't change the coordinate format as of yet.

I'm absolutely sure I have been on servers that have radio commands in place for script-automated JTAC units to repeat the coordinates, codes, whatever. Just decide on which your favourite server is and talk to your trusted admin about it, I guess. It's definitely possible.

The built-in, active AI JTAC unit should give you the coordinates as part of the 9-line briefing when you check in for targets and has the option to repeat the briefing via radio if you need it. That one, though, definitely can't change the coordinate format as of yet.

Yes, i know some servers have that option, unfortunetaly not the ones i play almost exclusively on, like DDCS. In those servers (is common practice not sure why) that omce you put an AI Jtac on the field you start receiving those messages i'm talking about but you cant ever check in with the jtac via radio manu like in SP. Which is also very incovenient.

I domt know the reason, i guess it has to do with server performance because in the servers i play there is heavy scripting to make the war almost dynamic. But for sure it would be awesome to have a more refined experience with reachable jtac and coordinates controlled at least from the radio menu.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

That is because that unit isn't an actual active AI JTAC unit as intended by ED. It is possible to use those in MP scenarios as well, but generally people prefer to use the solution you describe - basically a script.

The advantage of the 'script' JTAC is that it is easier to get it to do what you want it to do, as in automatically mark a specific location via laser, independent of situation. Actual JTAC units can get a little fussy fast, because of the conditions they require. Line of sight, distance, time of day and - usually most importantly - target being part of a specific group.

With script-spawned new units it all goes to heck quickly. Even without sometimes you might not get a proper laser mark for reasons nobody knows.

Still not all is lost, there are options to add radio menu items that'll just have the script repeat the message alright. Send the folks at DDCS a message and ask them to add it.

That is because that unit isn't an actual active AI JTAC unit as intended by ED. It is possible to use those in MP scenarios as well, but generally people prefer to use the solution you describe - basically a script.

The advantage of the 'script' JTAC is that it is easier to get it to do what you want it to do, as in automatically mark a specific location via laser, independent of situation. Actual JTAC units can get a little fussy fast, because of the conditions they require. Line of sight, distance, time of day and - usually most importantly - target being part of a specific group.

With script-spawned new units it all goes to heck quickly. Even without sometimes you might not get a proper laser mark for reasons nobody knows.

Still not all is lost, there are options to add radio menu items that'll just have the script repeat the message alright. Send the folks at DDCS a message and ask them to add it.

I will try that thanks!

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk