Trustmaster throttle bindings change during flight

johnco61

As in the title the bindings change on the throttle, I think it's mainly the hat switches.

Everything seems ok to start with all switches work ok, then during flight the bindings change for no reason, if i use a hat switch to go to an external view for instance it will put the air brake on, the air brake switch doesn't do anything now and i can't get the air brake off. This is one of many problems i get with the switch bindings it's as if all the swiches change from what i have set them to then change back without reason.

I have had this problem in the past but it seemed to clear itself but now it's back.

Does anybody have a fix for this? Is it a problem only with DCS, i don't use it for anything else so can't test it out.

Thanks in advance for any help with this

Are you using Target?

I had this problem recently, but it was because Windows Store was stopping Target from disconnecting the physical devices so I ended up with a Physical and virtual throttle working along side each other which had different mappings.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=232737

This thread discusses the Microsoft store interference with TARGET and several different solutions. However, that doesn’t sound like your problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Hi thanks for the response.

I don’t actually know what target is to be honest I assume it’s to do with programing and calibrating in windows so I will take a look, I just plug and play normally.

Quickly reading your link did give me a clue though, I didn’t mention because I thought it a different problem but my MFD’s are sometimes the wrong way around, in the F18 for instance, if I click the top left MFD buttons this will control the right hand MFD in game, when I set them up they worked fine . As this is TM too I think there is a problem with the TM software and not DCS so will take a look when I get time.

Thanks for all the help though, I will post my findings as soon as I know

Hi just an update, have found target and uninstalled it i have never used it and everything seems to run ok without it. I have noticed that this is related to the throttle position, have noticed another thread regarding this so will get reading there

Can you post the link to the other thread, this is interesting

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

If you’re not actually running TARGET, then it is not likely a problem of the MICROSOFT store from not deactivating the physical throttle and stick, when the TM Virtual Combo Controller.

Hi just an update, have found target and uninstalled it i have never used it and everything seems to run ok without it. I have noticed that this is related to the throttle position, have noticed another thread regarding this so will get reading there

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

Can you post the link to the other thread, this is interesting

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=232737

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

GA Flight Sim

Ah yeah that thread is the problem I was having the other week. Is that what Johnco had?

cw1.png

• 2 weeks later...

So the answer to these seems to be to contact TM supoprt have you done

so?

cw1.png