Using vr

pete_auau

Was wondering just got a oculus rift s head set and after about 10 minutes or so the view jumps to the left outside the aircraft for no apparent reason. Couldnt find anywhere else to post this All other games on the head sets works fine

You will find the VR subforum in the "Input and Output" section on the main forum page.

As to your issue, if you look in the controls mapping section of the DCS settings, in the drop-down tab that has the list of planes, scroll down and you will see an option for UI or VR (I can't remember exactly the name) and it has a "re-centre Headset" button that can be mapped.

That should get you seated back in the cockpit.

I'm not sure why it bumps you out to the left occasionally, in my experience that's a tracking issue or could be that the button is already mapped to a key/button that you use.

There are also a couple of other handy VR controls in that section like VR zoom and Spyglass zoom that you will want to map if you haven't already.

Good luck!

It happens to me sometimes when I forget something in front of the Oculus' sensors. You have to maintain LOS ;)

I usually reset sensor tracking in the Oculus' menu (under the guardian options IIRC) every time before launching DCS as my sensors might have been moved

PS: do you play other sims and it does not happen with them? Because maybe it is your hotas stick what is blocking the visibility under certain circumstances?

It happens to me sometimes when I forget something in front of the Oculus' sensors. You have to maintain LOS ;)

I usually reset sensor tracking in the Oculus' menu (under the guardian options IIRC) every time before launching DCS as my sensors might have been moved

PS: do you play other sims and it does not happen with them? Because maybe it is your hotas stick what is blocking the visibility under certain circumstances?

The OP has the Rift S, so there are no sensors. It has inside-out tracking.

In case of inside out tracking check that your room is well lit and the tracking doesn't get put off by mirrors.

Oh, and the recenter function is mapped to your left controller Y button already. X = Esc. Right controller: A = zoom, B I think is unmapped.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

In case of inside out tracking check that your room is well lit and the tracking doesn't get put off by mirrors.

Oh, and the recenter function is mapped to your left controller Y button already. X = Esc. Right controller: A = zoom, B I think is unmapped.

ED should really make these assignable by the player if they can rather than fixing them to specific hard coded functions.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

thx for that info but i rather use the mouse, bit hard using the controllers with the throttles and joystick,

to the other guys thx no mirrors in room and have light above me

Edited by pete_auau

You will find the VR subforum in the "Input and Output" section on the main forum page.

As to your issue, if you look in the controls mapping section of the DCS settings, in the drop-down tab that has the list of planes, scroll down and you will see an option for UI or VR (I can't remember exactly the name) and it has a "re-centre Headset" button that can be mapped.

That should get you seated back in the cockpit.

I'm not sure why it bumps you out to the left occasionally, in my experience that's a tracking issue or could be that the button is already mapped to a key/button that you use.

There are also a couple of other handy VR controls in that section like VR zoom and Spyglass zoom that you will want to map if you haven't already.

Good luck!

thx for that just found that vr section in the planes sections :)