Havoc Company Dedicated Server

Johnny_Rico

Me neither. It's really weird. I've tested more planes like the Harrier and they're working fine. It seems to be something related to the F/A-18 only.

BTW it'd be nice to have some Harrier slots back to cold and dark state like the rest. It's been a while since the INS align bug was fixed. And also the Tarawa to practice t/o and approaches. AFAIK the low FPS issue was also resolved.

Wow. That was fast! Awesome! Thanks.

Just a note. The Tarawa has a different frequency compare the one announced on the briefing. On the mission editor it appears as 127.5 MHz but the briefing says it's listening on 142.5 MHz. Other than that everything works as expected. The tacan is working right on 10X.

And, have u been able to reproduce the CTD with the Hornet? I've also tested it with the TPOD and GBU-12s on CCRP and it's also crashing. I can fire the laser but the moment I depress weapon launch I get a CTD. Also happens the same when trying to launch the new AGM-62. Definitively something is broken there. Hope you can fix it.

Keep up the good work! Thanks for all the hard work and for this great training server ;-)

I just tested it with Hornet+GBU-12's on both Havoc servers: on weapon release -> CTD, no crash log generated. Works okay in SP and when hosting my own server. Unfortunately, AFAIK nobody has reported this issue in the bug forum yet, so it may not be a general problem.

Edited by Catweedle

Server 1: no more CTD's, Robles and me tested in CCIP/Auto.

Edit: Nope, 2nd weapon release on same mission -> CTD. Only difference was pylon + moving target.

Thanks, HCO, nevertheless!

Confirmed. I've got also a CTD with CCRP over moving target, but you can release GBUs on stationary target or even as a dumb bomb and it'll work. Also the new AGM-62 is crashing. Mavs (both) and harms are working fine too.

On the other side, unguided are working fine, including rockets. And also fire and forget weapons (jdam, jsow, harpoon).

Only AGM-62 and moving CCRP are crashing for me now.

Edited by Robles

I've tested the AGM-62 and TPOD designation over moving targets to drop laser bombs on an updated dedicated server build without scripts and they're working as expected. So, unfortunately it still has to be something related to scripts. It doesn't seem to be some kind of global bug.

• 3 months later...

I haven't quite been able to join this server for a while now, weeks as a matter of fact. But from your website I know that it is active and - apparently - it has players on it, too.

Is that because the server reverted to a previous version in light of the latest OB version's hiccups? If so, which version exactly would that be?

I haven't quite been able to join this server for a while now, weeks as a matter of fact. But from your website I know that it is active and - apparently - it has players on it, too.

Is that because the server reverted to a previous version in light of the latest OB version's hiccups? If so, which version exactly would that be?

2.5.6 was tried ... and abandoned (far too many bugs and crashes), revert back to 2.5.5 open beta

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Question: is the extreme wind setting on purpose?

I enjoy training on havoc servers alot, but this always feels a little overkill...

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

@HC_Official

I just checked real weather info and might have found the problem. On the server it mixes up meter per second with kilometers per hour. This way we always get stuff like 6 meters per second instead of 6 kmh (example sochi: just now). Explains why the wind is always at those high levels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaufort_scale

Edited by Alec Delorean

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Hm, Alec might be right. Sochi had ~7 km/h around 1400, and the server shows 7 m/s after its lunch break -- even if the average wind speed of the AO is calculated the assumption seems to hold. The PG server, however, appears to be working correctly wrt. that -- e.g. north-central UAE had ~11 m/s at 1400.

Something else: auto-kick stopped working.

Thanks, and stay healthy!

Edited by Catweedle
Numbers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The wind bug is back again, Senaki weather station says 14 Km/H which is around 4 m/s. Server is set to storm conditions at 14 m/s, thats 50 Km/H!!!

there is storm level winds where the weather data is being read from == storm on the server

eg

"gust_mph": 45

Edited by HC_Official

There is a significant difference between gusts and wind speed. DCS doesn't simulate temporary random changes of wind speed aka "gusts" yet. Wind in DCS is just a static value from a static direction. With adding gust speed to real "normal" wind speed you always end up with unrealistic storm conditions. There is a reason why weather stations publish 2 separate values for wind speed and occasional gusts. Makes the use of the METAR system senseless on your server. I don't get it, it is such a neat feature, but used in a wrong way.

Edited by Alec Delorean

wind speed is read direct from the json data and set on the server... as wind speed

gusts control the turbulence factor (scaled down) which is alse added to the mission

Maybe i was wrong on gusts support in DCS, but i've never seen it working on your server. Look at chimney smoke or smoke pods or burning engines, the particle system is always a straight long line at 90 degrees from the emitter, showing a constant wind direction at constant extreme speed.

wind speed is read direct from the json data and set on the server... as wind speed

gusts control the turbulence factor (scaled down) which is alse added to the mission

you would need to ask ED how turbulence works

• 3 weeks later...