Operation Cage The Bear - Supercarrier

Hi all,

I've read that the F-14 mission, Operation Cage The Bear, has been updated with the supercarrier as a replacement for the original John C Stennis. When I get into the game, I am still seeing the Stennis as the carrier. Do I need to manually install something to make the change take place?I am running the latest version of the open beta and have the supercarrier module purchased and installed.

Appreciate the help.

JN

Hi all,

I've read that the F-14 mission, Operation Cage The Bear, has been updated with the supercarrier as a replacement for the original John C Stennis. When I get into the game, I am still seeing the Stennis as the carrier. Do I need to manually install something to make the change take place?I am running the latest version of the open beta and have the supercarrier module purchased and installed.

Appreciate the help.

JN

Hello, this is my campaign.

If you go into Campaign > F14 (NOT 'My Campaigns') you should see the Supercarrier version in your campaigns.

Let me know if not?

There are two versions of this campaign for Tomcat - the one with Hot start is using Stennnis, the Cold start one is with Supercarrier.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Thanks Kaba. I see the Operation CTB in my campaigns, but when I run the campaign I am back on the Stennis. Appreciate some help getting this fixed.

You should see two versions. Please make screeshots of the campaigns for F-14 module and also from module manager where it shows your Supercarrier module installed and enabled.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kaba, all,

I'm having the same issue with CTB and Supercarrier (i.e. the cold start campaign still has the default carrier). Screenshot attached showing the available F-14 campaigns. DCS Supercarrier is enabled and used regularly with other mission types.

I've installed DCS F-14 and then Supercarrier as they were released, but I'm not sure if I need to do something else.

Any help would be much appreciated to use this great new module in this fantastic campaign.

CTB.thumb.jpg.948592709b7a8e076c6afc7e42199453.jpg

Edited by Wizz

Ah I thought that might have been the issue. Thanks for clearing that up Draconus. Sounds like a good excuse to get another SSD so I can fit both versions on my computer.

there is a way to run both with limited disk space cost. just have to run a command to change to the other version.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=234807

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hey saba, quick question. On the 1st Cage the Bear mission using the Supercarrier Cold Start version, the 1 message I see is something like "Engine start is delayed. Standby." I then wait for what seems like 10 minutes but nothing else happens. Am I missing some trigger or is the wait for engine start longer than 10 minutes. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2021 at 12:51 AM, HawaiiHawk said:

Hey saba, quick question. On the 1st Cage the Bear mission using the Supercarrier Cold Start version, the 1 message I see is something like "Engine start is delayed. Standby." I then wait for what seems like 10 minutes but nothing else happens. Am I missing some trigger or is the wait for engine start longer than 10 minutes. Thanks!

Hello mate - sorry I missed this message.

I've just tested the version in yesterday's update and didn't have this issue, i spawned in a few seconds as designed - would you mind letting me know if it's still happening?

4 hours ago, kaba said:

Hello mate - sorry I missed this message.

I've just tested the version in yesterday's update and didn't have this issue, i spawned in a few seconds as designed - would you mind letting me know if it's still happening?

No worries. I didn't send a very good initial question. The mission loads fine and everything is working, I just never received a notification to start after the original "Start is delayed" message. In any case, I just get started each time and I'm up to the 3rd mission. Great work! Thank you.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 4:13 PM, HawaiiHawk said:

I just never received a notification to start after the original "Start is delayed" message.

Yeah, there is no such message. As soon as you get into the cockpit you have control. Unless specified otherwise in the briefing you can start away if cats are free.

• 1 year later...
On 7/20/2020 at 6:16 PM, kaba said:

Yep!

Hey Kaba,

I am flying this mission now and I am having difficulty triggering the victory in mission #1. All bogies are down, no missiles went through and I can't get the victory and RTB trigger. I saw someone else had the same issue on a reddit thread and it was not resolved. That person said the summary said 28/30 aircraft down and they could not find the missing 2. I don't know about that but I thought it might help. How do I get the victory with Mission #1?

Cheers!

Murdycap232.