Syria Map early access is open!

MAESTR0

Why have you made this available only in open beta?

Surely it would have been better to release a version compatible with stable.

Many of us avoid open beta and stick to stable but will need to move onto open beta or wait for next stable to download and use the map. Next stable is a long way away...

Thank you!

Congratulations! We hope you enjoy flying!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...ucts/terrains/

Looks like performance is great too!

Thank you!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• ED Team

Many of us avoid open beta and stick to stable but will need to move onto open beta or wait for next stable to download and use the map. Next stable is a long way away...

It is early access for a start, and all patches are tested in open beta before being sent to release.

that is the purpose of open beta, to ensure the stable version has no major issues.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'm in the same boat, but I knew this and ordered it anyways. Don't have much time to play games right now, but hopefully they don't wait 3 months to release the next stable version.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

It is early access for a start, and all patches are tested in open beta before being sent to release.

that is the purpose of open beta, to ensure the stable version has no major issues.

thanks

I know this, but why the maps? Are they usually that buggy on release? I waffled on it because of the open beta thing, as I don't use open beta after the recent fiasco (and like the vast majority, I don't play multiplayer).

Edited by aleader

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

Becuase the map is new and it needs to be widely tested first??!

thanks

But surely the current stable has been out long enough for you to know the map will run fine with it?

Anyways, it is what it is. We'll just have to go open beta or wait a month or two.

And downloading!!

I've been really looking forward to this one. Now I just have to wait while our Australian "high speed internet" downloads it at 5Mb a second for 50GB. Thanks Malcolm Turnbull! Mr broadband my butt. I'm glad your own party knifed you for a cretin like Morrison.

Anyway, these are the joys of third world internet in a first world country.

We could have had fibre to the premises, but no, We can't have anything nice because its Australia.

i9 10900X & 5700XT

VPC WarBRD, TM F18C, VPC Alpha, VPC T50CM2 Throttle, TM TFRP Pedals, Oculus Rift S

That's not exactly how it works, though. Many modules will require at least some work in terms of navigation systems with a new map. There may be other issues as well. Any time you introduce something new, you want to introduce it in the beta version first. Bear in mind, if they introduced it in stable, they would then have to port that stable version over to their beta version anyways. The whole production cycle pretty much requires thrm to release any new feature in beta first.

The only alternative would be to release a new feature in both beta and stable simultaneously, and this would be...OK, you know how in Ghostbusters they weren't supposed to cross the streams of their beams? Yeah, it's like that. This is something that you just don't ever want to do because it will create a development nightmare.

Congratulations! We hope you enjoy flying!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...ucts/terrains/

Really nice work. I'm all over this map.:thumbup:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

We get an amazing new map, detailled to a level not seen before in DCS, an some complain that it's not available in stable version... unbelievable !!

Thank you very much for pushing this beauty earlier than expected.

It stands the comparison with some new flight sim :).

ATCS840, Antec Quattro 1200W, Asrock X370 Taichi, R5 3600X, 2x8Gb FlareX C14, RX5700XT Nitro, 3x26" 5760x1200, TrackIr 5, TM Warthog No331, Saitek Rudder.

Looking great, only had a chance to check Taftnaz before work but it looks great so far

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Syria . . . Incredible!

The detail is incredible . . . The effort that went into this shows at every level and must me appreciated by all...

A beautiful piece of programming... Thank you all for the devotion that went into the making of this map.

Snagged it, time to do some exploring!

I am thoroughly impressed though with what I've seen thus far, it's some great work you've done Ugra.

Purchased: FC3 | CA | M2000C | F-5E | C-101 | Mig-21bis | AV-8B NA | L-39 | F-14 | UH-1H | Mi-24P | F-16C | F/A-18C | F1 | MB-339 | F-4E

Maps: Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Marianas

Comp Specs: i7 13700k, 32gb 3200mhz DDR4, RTX 2070 Super 8gb, 2tb P5 Plus NVME

Peripherals: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

Do you get a BONUS for a Successful Early Access Launch?

The optimization and probably hundreds of other "tricks" used to make this map smooth on DAY -ONE Open Beta/Early Access is exceptional!

-The thousands of hours used to create the Syria map shows...

Thank you.

--LoL.. can Urga Media give the Channel Map Developers some optimization help?

• Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Becuase the map is new and it needs to be widely tested first??!

They do closed beta testing before they release it to open beta...it's not in alpha.

Outstanding piece of art

Hey Ugra Media,

Now that I have enjoyed this map for several hours I want to yet again say this.

Thank you for the best quality terrain module ever released for DCS openbeta.

Exceptional details and yet the performance is better than PG terrain.

Surely there are things to improve but I have got no doubt those will be sorted out soon.

Good luck with polishing it all and bringing Cyprus in.

Thank you!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

For people moaning about open beta only, I wish they'd done a lot more optimisation on poor FPS in texture-rich areas for the channel map before releasing it, I bought it and its not really flyable in MP, its ok in SP as long as you stay away from the built up areas. Hardly used it since buying - waiting for some big optimisation. Everyone has free choice to go stable or OB.

That's not exactly how it works, though. Many modules will require at least some work in terms of navigation systems with a new map. There may be other issues as well. Any time you introduce something new, you want to introduce it in the beta version first. Bear in mind, if they introduced it in stable, they would then have to port that stable version over to their beta version anyways. The whole production cycle pretty much requires thrm to release any new feature in beta first.

The only alternative would be to release a new feature in both beta and stable simultaneously, and this would be...OK, you know how in Ghostbusters they weren't supposed to cross the streams of their beams? Yeah, it's like that. This is something that you just don't ever want to do because it will create a development nightmare.

ED doesn't do things the way other sims do. They have a 'closed' beta before releasing it to 'open' beta...it's not in an 'alpha' state when they release it to 'open'. The problem is that it gets thrown in with the 200 other fixes they make to everything else...surely the map isn't nearly as complex as the systems being changed. I guess I don't really have time to play this until later this fall anyways...