Hind Over Latakia Syria

BIGNEWY

Love the hind helicopter. Will we get an a.i gunner that will engage targets while we fly in single player?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Hind more of a maneuvering fighting platform, as in it isn't really design to fight while hovering? It could of course, but just not where it's strength lies. If that is the case, I wonder how difficult it will be to fight and fly at the same time. I guess it wouldn't really matter as long as you're multi-crew. I'm a little worried about how this will work in SP while trying to learn this beast.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Hind more of a maneuvering fighting platform, as in it isn't really design to fight while hovering? It could of course, but just not where it's strength lies. If that is the case, I wonder how difficult it will be to fight and fly at the same time. I guess it wouldn't really matter as long as you're multi-crew. I'm a little worried about how this will work in SP while trying to learn this beast.

I do have roughly the same impression, from stuf I've read sometime ago - while the AH-64 Apache could target and shoot its targets from hovering position, the Mi-24 Hind was more "vocated" for hit and run tactics.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Are we also getting an RWR?

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Multi-crew is planned yes

For EA release or later?

BIGNEWY can you answer the question fully please? Or at least state that you do not know the answer. I'm sure you don't want to be responsible for providing misleading information, so some clarification would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

• ED Team
BIGNEWY can you answer the question fully please? Or at least state that you do not know the answer. I'm sure you don't want to be responsible for providing misleading information, so some clarification would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

We will discuss the full feature set and plans for the Mi-24 closer to pre-order.

thank you

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am very happy that the Apache is finally arriving at DCS. BUT: I don't think he has a chance against the icon Mi-24. Awesome video by the way.

@oreste: Thanks for the Link. Ich would read it this evening.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

• Wags unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

Re-watching Wags fly the hind in Syria just tells me 2 things.

1) I Really am looking forward to the Hind!

2) The Syria map really is superb, I have been spending a lot of air time in DCS Syria and it truly is an excellent map, The DCS engine must be improved to increase performance on this map, especially in VR. Without doubt, Syria is the best map in DCS!  

The DCS engine must improve to the level of Normandy, The Channel and Syria.... not down grading the maps to the DCS Engine!

God I miss ground shadows in VR!

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

2 hours ago, Rogue Trooper said:

God I miss ground shadows in VR!

After upgrading to a 5900X and 6800XT I treated myself to some cockpit shadows, haven't had any for years - looks fancy! 😅

• Like 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I play with shadows at low, always have in VR. The difference between off and low is minimal performance-wise, but higher settings really hit fps but don't make much difference visually.

Edited by Mars Exulte
  • Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

In the good old days when I flew pancake, I never had cockpit shadows and always exterior shadows.

In VR I must and always have had cockpit shadows as they are just superb in VR..... admittedly the low shadow setting is all I can afford. 

But I would love to have ground shadows back too..... oh Vulkan, where are you? 

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.