Firmware update killed warthog?

Knallhatten

Hello,

I just got my hands on a used warthog joystick and it was working fine. I wanted to update the firmware from 11 to 12. I followed the pdf on Thrustmasters website and all seemed good. Windows device manager - check, game controller settings - check, Thrustmaster software - check.

I hit update and the program was showing no progress for two minutes or so, then told me update failed with error code 0x34100001. Now windows says there is something wrong with the driver and I can't use the joystick anymore.

I rebooted, unplugged usb cable and tried a different usb port and reinstalled Thrustmaster software. What else can I do?

Edit: I'm running Win7

Edit2:

Got it to work and update properly by using a usb3 port (that I read everywhere generally don't work) after holding Gun trigger + Weapon release when plugging in cable.

Edited by Knallhatten

• 1 month later...
Hello,

I just got my hands on a used warthog joystick and it was working fine. I wanted to update the firmware from 11 to 12. I followed the pdf on Thrustmasters website and all seemed good. Windows device manager - check, game controller settings - check, Thrustmaster software - check.

I hit update and the program was showing no progress for two minutes or so, then told me update failed with error code 0x34100001. Now windows says there is something wrong with the driver and I can't use the joystick anymore.

I rebooted, unplugged usb cable and tried a different usb port and reinstalled Thrustmaster software. What else can I do?

Edit: I'm running Win7

Edit2:

Got it to work and update properly by using a usb3 port (that I read everywhere generally don't work) after holding Gun trigger + Weapon release when plugging in cable.

And you posted your solution, very rare to see, its normally '' never mind fixed it''. Glad to hear it turned out well.