F-18 Ground Mapping Radar

Backy 51

ED,

A few quick questions.

1) Is the radar presently implemented on the Normandy and Channel Maps? If not, will it be?

2) Can you brighten up the return for the largest "no brainer" radar returns in all of DCS, the giant dams in the Persian Gulf, Nevada and Caucasus maps? If you need coordinates I will gladly provide them. Helen Keller and Flipper could find those dams on a radar. Sadly, our DCS F-18C pilot cannot.

3) More of a suggestion, than a question. Could a radar reflector airfield object be created that could be placed via the mission editor?

Random thoughts while enjoying the new Channel Map (two thumbs up). :)

Cheers,

(3500 hours irradiating myself and others with an APN-59 while airborne)

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same deal on Normandy, looks like it is returning on some of the trees or static objects but not on the ground or coastline. admittedly I was doing the Instant action mission at 300ft, but there was nothing there.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

There is literally zero reason why A2G radar wouldnt work on all maps. It's linked to the module, not the map.

Large download is due to terrain changes for RADAR

thanks

:music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg