Community bug tracker

bkthunder

Hi Nineline,

no, it was to BigNewy in November of 19. Just checked again, I was mistaken, thought we had communicated via PM, it was actually an open exchange in a thread here.Apologies for confusing that, but the substance of the issue remains the same.

In my personal opinion, even with the CM they were not really doing much in the way of responding to actual bug reports.It has certainly not gotten better since then if you ask me and given the state of many mny bug threads without any official reply.

Thank you, I appreciate you mentioning the issue with your bosses.

Here‘s my exchange with BN in case you want to check

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=253171&highlight=Razbam&page=3

Regards,

Snappy

Edited by Snappy

Hi NL

I don't think anyone was personally attacked

I don't think it's a good thing that every time we say we have an outdated and abandoned module we are personally attacking someone. The updates that have been delivered for the Harrier have been ridiculous. I am not referring to a specific person, I am referring to a product development company.

As a Harrier user, I do feel attacked due to passivity in the face of the amount of errors that can be collected in the community bug tracker, I am not talking about the official tracker, since the latter is far from reflecting the current state of the module.

It would be nice if ED would give this a push.

Razbam's communication with his clients ended long before DECOY left.

Saludos

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro

I will mention it to my bosses. And I get the frustrations, but again, there wont be any tolerance for personal attacks.

@Snappy, did you contact me, and do you remember when? I know when they had a CM they were doing ok for a while.

It's really sad, that people always have to loose their temper, before someone feels obligated to answer.

I would also like to get some feedback from the developer about the state of Harrier. Their community manager resigned. The last change log update on their own site is from March 2020. The developers frequently weigh in on not yet released modules and maps, but are almost totally absent from this particular forum.

We bitched and complained about some problems with Mig-19 to the point where the CM finally spoke up. He resigned his position almost immediately afterwards, but at least he finally gave us some feedback ... and more importantly got an egregious bug on the Mig fixed. And while I'm happy that simple yet crippling bug is no more, it should been done away with months before, and without all the forum drama being necessary.

RAZBAM has to take a lot of responsibility for the tone in this forum. If they are not going to develop the Harrier any more, please tell us. Throwing us a little update every 6 months, while completely ignoring (or at least not responding or acting upon) the feedback in these forums year after year should not be good enough.

From what I have seen on this board, RAZBAM is alone in treating their customers this way. ED has been impressing me so much this year with their responsiveness and approach to feedback and customers' wishes in every forum for ALL their modules (Nineline and Bignewy, you guys have really stepped it up and been doing a fantastic job in my opinion). Heatblur has excellent communication on their forum as does Aviodev, and even Polychop has been much more engaging this year. Not so much in here. They may no longer have a CM, but that is no excuse. A modeller is totally capable of being active on these forums without taking away from coding time.

I hope there will be some pressure to change this, since it reflects really badly on RAZBAM, and to some degree also on DCS. The Harrier is understandably a hugely popular aircraft and we all just want it done properly. If it continues this way, I would expect to see future RAZBAM projects sell poorly. And that helps none of us.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

has been fixed for a long time.

ah it's fixed, so the current behaviour is intended?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There isn't, I have no time to update it but if you want access to keep it alive an update it I'll gladly provide you the permissions to edit (a few here have access but none have contributed much). PM me.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s