AV-8B Status

Prowler111

• ED Team
No, it doesn't matter if the feature is missing because of bugs or if the feature is still being developed. The feature is missing, period.

Is this the new ED quality policy: A feature can be labeled as completed even though it's actually missing. The 3rd party developer only have to promise "it's still being developed"?

A feature can't be missing if it has bugs, I don't think that is possible. So I think there might be a difference.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 2 months later...

Hi gents,

what's your opinion; what's the actual status of the Harrier?

Has anything substantial changed or improved?

Is it worth now to learn this bird or still wait for improvement?

PC: Intel Core i7-12700K| Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4| 2x 32GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast (KF436C18BBAK2/64)| PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil| 3x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 3x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Fedora Linux| Windows 11|

Gear: Meta Quest 3| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind v2| Leap motion controller|

It still has a fair amount of issues and missing functionality as far as the systems go.  Seems to be a struggle just to get the HUD symbology right,
it's been out for 3 years so that is quite telling I would think.

The Harrier can be enjoyable for the casual DCS player. Razbam has added cool features such as Laser JDAM's and an improved targeting pod.
But If you are more into learning how the actual systems work and get a full sim  experience you might be dissapointed as it is not on the accuracy level
as some of the other modules avalible.

That is my take on the Harrier.   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Flummi said:

Hi gents,

what's your opinion; what's the actual status of the Harrier?

Has anything substantial changed or improved?

Is it worth now to learn this bird or still wait for improvement?

It has half-baked systems. Don't get it. Better to get something worthy of the name "full-fidelity simulation", like F-18, F-14, A-10C.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

On 12/5/2020 at 2:51 PM, Schmidtfire said:

It still has a fair amount of issues and missing functionality as far as the systems go.  Seems to be a struggle just to get the HUD symbology right,
it's been out for 3 years so that is quite telling I would think.

The Harrier can be enjoyable for the casual DCS player. Razbam has added cool features such as Laser JDAM's and an improved targeting pod.
But If you are more into learning how the actual systems work and get a full sim  experience you might be dissapointed as it is not on the accuracy level
as some of the other modules avalible.

That is my take on the Harrier.   

Unfortunately I have to agree...

I hope razbam will do something about this ...

Anyway the thing that pisses me off is that the module has been out for 3 years and we are still at these levels ...

• Like 1

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

It’s still a damn site more realistic than any other simulation of a harrier out there when you take everything into account. 

• Like 6

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

23 hours ago, westr said:

It’s still a damn site more realistic than any other simulation of a harrier out there when you take everything into account. 

The only other Harrier I can think of was in Jane's Fighters Anthology. In those days, we were glad if our planes were mostly 3d, much less ''accurately simulated''.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I own cap 2 it’s fun, nowhere near the level of this harrier. 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

At least

On 12/16/2020 at 10:12 AM, marcoscosta said:

Its a fun module with unreasonable number of haters, you can enjoy a lot fly with it.

What's a reasonable number of haters?

What is a hater?

Am I a hater?

So many questions. 

I like to think I'm an informed consumer demanding high standards of quality. 

7 hours ago, RAZBAM_ELMO said:

Holy crap, people still complaining in here and not adding constructive criticism still?

At least it's only 6 pages.  This is light reading.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

The Harrier has finally made some great strides. It took a long time and there was always (legitimately) a dispute. So be it. You should also let it be good ... And I have the feeling that, also thanks to the new Community Manager, RAZBAM is willing to bring the Harrier (and the M2k) to a good level. I think both modules are finally fun and I will deal with them over the holidays if the time and my family allow. Please RAZBAM keep it up! There is currently only one thing that annoys me personally: The outdated Manuall des Harrier! They say Baltic Dragon is currently writing a new one? For this a current status when we can possibly count on it would be great.

• Like 2

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

On 17/12/2020 at 20:49, RAZBAM_ELMO said:

Putain de merde, les gens se plaignent toujours ici et n'ajoutent pas encore de critiques constructives?

a small criticism, which I hope will be considered as constructive, it would be interesting to make explanatory videos of the new systems as well as of the use of the weapon like ED does, no?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, olivier-gaming said:

a small criticism, which I hope will be considered as constructive, it would be interesting to make explanatory videos of the new systems as well as of the use of the weapon like ED does, no?

Yes, you're right.

Lately I'm enjoying CasmoTV content. I'm watching his videos and he drew me back to the Harrier I didn't flew for a while.
The guy is US Army AH-64 & OH-58 pilot, so even if he isn't Harrier pilot he has an interesting approach to AG missions, and the videos are good.
Maybe Razbam could partner with him for AV-8B features videos ? 😇

DCS AV8B Harrier- dropping JDAMs on preplanned targets like a boss - YouTube

AV8B DCS Harrier; using TOO to hit multiple targets - YouTube

AV8B DCS Harrier- Arrogant Apache pilot tells you the Top 5 things you need to know - YouTube

Edited by jojo
  • Like 3

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

21 hours ago, Cayman41 said:

I thought on one of the Combat Sim Podcast episodes, Razbam said they were considering it.  I may be wrong, but I think it is a possibility.

So I'm kind of confused... we are going to have the Falklands map and not a single full fidelity module from the time to actually use on it?? 

1 hour ago, CommandT said:

So I'm kind of confused... we are going to have the Falklands map and not a single full fidelity module from the time to actually use on it?? 

Does the A4E count?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

On 12/21/2020 at 8:02 PM, Mr_sukebe said:

Does the A4E count?

Hmmm, I don't think so. Since it's a community mod some stuff isn't possible to implement in it from what I've heard and hence it can't really be as feature complete as a full fidelity module? Plus how many campaigns will we see for this aircraft? I mean I just want a realistic Falklands conflict and a flyable full fidelity aircraft from the operation on either side. 

Status is that this is a contender for my favourite module of DCS. It's in a really good state right now, and I absolutely love the harrier.

• Like 1

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5