Radio Transmission Trigger Issue

makosch

Hi all,

I am playing recorded carrier comms on the Carrier ATC frequency via the Radio Transmission Trigger. But it seems that this now interferes or breaks Communication with the carrier. I tried the same with AWACS and can confirm that the same happens. When flying the F14 I am unable to contact ATC at all and when I fly the FA18 it sometimes works and sometimes does not.:doh: Super buggy and inconsistent.

As soon as I delete the Trigger or change Radio Transmission frequency I can request picture from AWACS and or request landing permission from ATC. Works with F14 and with FA18.

Would be interested to know if anyone can reproduce this?

I am running open beta V2.5.6.52437

Miz file has been upload for anyone to test <------------ Dropbox download here

Carrier on 131.5 AM and AWACS on 252 AM

cheers

Oli

Edited by makosch

Hi makosch. This is no surprise to me that the ATC/AWACS don't answer your calls: your radio transmission triggers are at least 7 and 9 minutes long!

I've tested a simple thing: I've replaced your audio files with one that is 30 seconds long. As long as the audio was playing on 131.5 AM, the ship would not answer my call, which is normal (he's supposed to be talking, he can't listen to me at the same time, can he?). But as soon as the audio was over, I was able to communicate with the ship.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey first off thanks for testing this for me and your feedback. What you say makes total sense. If I am listening to a broadcast and try and reply as he is transmitting then I am stepping on him. The reason I am confused is because in previous builds I had the comms chatter playing in the background.

I was still able to communicate with the ship and or awacs while this chatter was going on. I guess it was a bug that has now been fixed.

I guess I will have to figure out another way of having random radio traffic in the background while flying.

cheers for your help

You're welcome. :)

You can make it work another way: you can simply create a SOUND TO GROUP or SOUND TO COALITION trigger. Make it start after a few minutes, so the player has the illusion it comes from his radio.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.