Mission 1 - WOLF 1 opens fire on cars

I have an issue with Mission 1, Wolf 1 opens fire on the cars as they are parked on the road which makes them drive into the trees.

I have (a few times) continued the mission as prompted by the voice communications, the vehicles eventually blow up in the woods near the power station and I can finish the mission with 90 percent rating.

I had previously gotten to the bridge and blown up from being too close to explosion, now it seems I can't get the cars to drive to the bridge.

Hey,

It is unusual that WOLF 1 starts shouting because the AI should be set up to "hold fire".

I have only one explanation. If you and the AI get to close during the first moments he changed his course and starts shooting bevor reaching the waypoint with the "weapons hold" order.

I check that out.

Following and destroying the cars is not crucial to the mission. Of cause, if you don't care about the cars you still have to wait until WOLF 1 is at the checkpoint.

After some time the cars explode by themself ( in case your door gunners are bad shooters and running out of ammo) and the mission continues with the landing on the bridge.

If you to close to the car's when they explode, the blast will kill your crew or destroy the entire

aircraft.

Always happy landings ;)

Thank's - we made some changes

@TuffAsAir

Many thanks for reporting the car issue.:thumbup:

We checked that out, and even if we not able to reproduce the situation, we saw the possibility that this can happen. So we made some changes to the mission file.

In the future, when the mission is updated, it will be also not longer possible that your own door-gunners open fire unintentionally (wrong ROE setting by the player) on the cars without permission.

Again, many thank's for reporting and enabling us to make the mission better and even more reliable in its progress. :thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)

Thanks for checking.

I just tried the mission again, before seing your latest reply, and Wolf 1 actually opened fire on a static object on the river bank, before arriving at the first bridge(a flag, I think).

I guess I'll wait for the next update before going through the cigar thing again.

Thanks for checking.

I just tried the mission again, before seing your latest reply, and Wolf 1 actually opened fire on a static object on the river bank, before arriving at the first bridge(a flag, I think).

I guess I'll wait for the next update before going through the cigar thing again.

Thanks for the information Strange why this happened now. :noexpression:

But this has no effect on the mission. You also don't have to wait for an update, simply stey

behind Wolfe 1 during the approach to the power station and keep your own gunners on return fire or hold.

Do you, like quizzes?

This belongs to an open question from a different thread!

What is the reason for the flag on the ground? :smilewink:

Win a Campaign license (no STEAM sorry) for a friend by answering that question until 6. December 2019

Of cause, this question is open to everyone, the first one with the correct answer wins.

Always happy landings ;)

I have flown this mission many times, 15 at least, and am unable to complete it with 100% success.

I ALWAYS stay behind WOLF 1 and ALWAYS leave my gunners on HOLD.

I am quite frustrated because: each time I must wait 13 minutes on the tarmac(that is hours of total wait time(and yes, I know that I can use ctrl+z))and fly pointlessly to the carrier group and back(hours of pointless flying) before being able to see if WOLF 1 will, again, open fire without reason.

I feel like I am wasting a lot of my sim time on this mission.

I am not a ME expert, but why are there multiple conflicting ROE triggers on many WOLF 1 waypoints?

I believe the firing at static object happenned at waypoint 35, where the "Advanced (waypoint actions)" are: "1: ROE=Return Fire" as well as "2: ROE=Weapon Hold". This is also the case at many other WPs.

As I said, I am not a ME expert, but how does AI decide which ROE to use?

If I told human soldiers that the ROE were: Return Fire AND Weapons hold, how am I to expect them to know what to do?

@TuffAsAir

We checked that out, and even if we not able to reproduce the situation, we saw the possibility that this can happen. So we made some changes to the mission file.

In the future, when the mission is updated, it will be also not longer possible that your own door-gunners open fire unintentionally (wrong ROE setting by the player) on the cars without permission.

Yet you say I don't need to wait for an update...

I don't think I have any more patience, regarding this mission. It's a shame, there are not many campaigns for UH-1H.

First of all.

As I said: " you don't need to wait for an update".I thought you've been not able to finish the mission because of the AI's behavior. I was not aware of your 100 Points goal. And only wont to point out that it is possible to finish the mission anyway.

I am impressed by your decisiveness to finish the mission with 100 Points.

In mission 1, this is actual, not possible, 90 Points is the maximum score you can reach. :cry:

Sorry for misleading you.

We changed that and with the next major update, 100 points are for sure.

But as we described already in other threads, concerning the solved progress issue, points only used for determining if you progress to the next mission ( more than 50) or you stay at the previous (50).

Ther is no goal to achieve, and anyone finishing the mission ends them with the absolute same score.

Concerning Wolf 1 opening fire on (hostile) flags on the ground. No clue why your system acts differently to our test system. But as I said I made already made some changes so Wolf one and also your gunners won't fire on the cars without permission.

What I knew for sure is: It is a bad idea to get into the Mission Editor even if you only looking for some adjustments. If you don't need to save the mission after that the mission will react erratically.

I also can assure you that there is a good and obvious reason for the time we spend with the ROE commands, as there is a reason for the Flags on the ground as well.

Unfortunately, nobody seems to see the obvious, and my explanation therefore is: This is the first campaign so complex in his effort to give a real-life feeling, there is nothing to compare and nobody has sufficient experience with the helicopter AI.

But anyway, ani time I fly the mission, and I did it again to check your issues, my hard opens up at that point and the sun is shining right into my face when the AI is performing so unnecessary but for my real-life feeling so important tasks.

Again, sorry for the Ai behavior. There are already videos on YouTube where the AI reacts different and as intended. I also will upload a mission 1 video in full length where you can see it works fine on other systems and how I as the developer has intended the mission to be flown.

I wish you a lot of fun with mission two. But please! First, read the mission description and the cargo issue PDF. :book:

Always happy landings ;)

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks also for specifics as to not finishing with 100 success. The reason I try to get 100 in missions is simple; first of all, there are not many DLC Campains and I really enjoy them, so I like to get everything I can out of them. I also feel that if I missed something in a mission and try again, it is only helping me become a better sim pilot.

I somehow thought that Wolf 1 opening fire, or the cars not making it to the checkpoint was the reason for success being 90.

Now I can move on to mission 2. Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks also for specifics as to not finishing with 100 success. The reason I try to get 100 in missions is simple; first of all, there are not many DLC Campains and I really enjoy them, so I like to get everything I can out of them. I also feel that if I missed something in a mission and try again, it is only helping me become a better sim pilot.

I somehow thought that Wolf 1 opening fire, or the cars not making it to the checkpoint was the reason for success being 90.

Now I can move on to mission 2. Thank you.

You are always welcome with any suggestion, comment or issue.

We do as much as we can to make the campaign even better or to adust it to the player's behavior.

We all have in some ways a different understanding of the same situations in a mission and or different way to deal with it. So it is impossible to take care of all in advance. We depend on your feedback to identify such points and make some adjustments.

But again all my respect for your passion and energy getting 100 points in Mission 1:thumbup:

Always happy landings ;)