Denser Civilian Traffic

Just what the title says. By default even on the highest setting the civilian road traffic in DCS was pretty sparse. I wanted more life to DCS, and if you've ever liked how populated the roads can get in FSX, you'll appreciate this upgrade.

Be aware that increasing traffic frequency will result in FPS loss, so don't be too generous with the increases at first. Find what works best for your rig. The example I included will bring most lower-spec rigs to its knees.

This is what my traffic looked like on high with a small tweak:

Click for full-res.

6O3iDl.jpg

I've attached the zip here with a readme that explains the edits and what else can be done with the file. Enjoy, and if you find any results that look better, be sure to post your edits! 666th_Birdy made a mod for this for FC back in the day, he also has a detailed explanation of this file (it has changed a bit since then) here.

Denser_Road_Traffic.zip

Edited by Blaze
  • Like 1

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Isnt civilian traffic a FPS killer ?

+1

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

That is a good mod, gonna have to remember to try it out.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Thanks. Very nice mod. And -yes- it would be better with car lights! :)

By the way, I'm waiting for someone who will try to improve buildings' view. :P

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

+1

We need more civil airplanes as well.

Definitely. The DCS World needs to be more alive.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Cool, I like the civilian traffic and making the world feel more inhabited. Wish we could see pedestrians, sometimes, too.

I wish their scripting behavior were a little different, though: I ended up bumping it down to medium because they'd often just wander right into the middle of a battle, and I have trouble imaging even the most dedicated bus driver and his/her passengers braving constant explosions and falling JDAMs to make it to the next stop on time. I think most people would call into work with a bad case of "spending time with their loved ones in the basement."

So I just think they're kind of bothersome - There always seems to be a truck passing on the road when I'm trying to Mav the heck out of a tank column.

I'm gonna try this mod, but I think it would be amazing if this kind of density could be reserved for the areas just outside of the battle, as if people trying to evacuate were causing traffic jams. Maybe there could be some kind of logic where they're "repelled" by burning vehicles within a given radius and interesting behavior would emerge from that?

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

Just what the title says. By default even on the highest setting the civilian road traffic in DCS was pretty sparse. I wanted more life to DCS, and if you've ever liked how populated the roads can get in FSX, you'll appreciate this upgrade.

Be aware that increasing traffic frequency will result in FPS loss, so don't be too generous with the increases at first. Find what works best for your rig. The example I included will bring most lower-spec rigs to its knees.

Could you tell us, what fps you get with that mod, so one can see if the mod is working with our system? I am asking, because I have my rig not around but dont want to forget about it over new year's eve,so...

PC: Asus P8Z77-M Mainboard; Intel i5-3570K (4x3,4Ghz) mit Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Kühler; 16Gb Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz; Nvidia GTX570 1280mb; Samsung 830 SSD; Samsung HDD

Flight Sim Gear: TM Warthog; Saitek Pro Pedals; TM Cougars on an 19" screen; TrackIR 5 w/ trackclip pro; Logitech G35 headset