Cougar MFD pack in VR

Notso

I recall a few threads a while ago where some users were using the MFDs with good success in VR. It sounds like it just takes some muscle memory to find the right buttons. I'm about to order this pack, but before I do - are there any pros and cons with VR use? How hard are they to set up and program?

Any tips or tricks to VR use? I really like the idea of being able to reach out and push real buttons instead of using the trackball.

TIA

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

No setup for most as I recall just mount them where you can find them under the hood.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Installation was plug & play on my machine. In the beginning in VR I was starting from the top edge counting downwards with the finger but after a couple of times it was pretty intuitive and after two months I don‘t have big issues hitting the right OSB. Overall it‘s much faster than using my mouse

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

I place a small piece of loop-side velcro on OSB 3, 8, 13, 18 to provide a tactile feedback for locating MFD buttons while flying in VR. Works pretty well.

Same here using these small rounded silicone adhesive pads

https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Bumper-106-PC-Spherical-Square/dp/B06XPCLN23/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=silicone+adhesive+pad&qid=1580563066&sr=8-4

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Great ideas, I usually find the corner rocker switches and and work from there, same technique with the keY board escape and function keys by finding the top left edge of the keyboard

I place a small piece of loop-side velcro on OSB 3, 8, 13, 18 to provide a tactile feedback for locating MFD buttons while flying in VR. Works pretty well.
Great idea, works brilliantly!

MFDs.thumb.jpg.a50fe140a26ad34de93bf55d698a7f98.jpg

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I was wondering this as well. I have everything mounted to my chair and was looking at the MFD panels and was wondering how I could set up. I have an HP Reverb, looking under isn't an easy option I've found.

I was thinking of mounting at least 1 panel one forward of my throttle similar to the control panel on an X65F, then I can just move my hand forward until I find the panel then use the rubber pads like mentioned for tactile feedback.

My question is, is there an easy way to switch or "shift-key" the panel? Ideally i'd probably set up a 3 way switch that dictates which MFD I'm working with? ie 3 way switch for F-18, position switch left = left DDI active, switch right = right DDI active, switch center = MPCD active.

also, anyone using the panels for the JF-17? Curious how people are setting those up, if they're using shift keys or what?

System: Intel 14700k on MSi z690 DDR4 pro, Arctic Liquid Frozer II 360mm AIO, 64gb ddr4-3600mhz CL16, Gigabyte 4090
Winwing Orion2 F-15EX/F-16EX combo, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, TM Warthog (Shelved)
2x 256gb Vertex 4 SSD's, 2x 1tb Sabrent NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD's, 1x 4.0tb Silicon Power NVMe, 1x 4tb Seagate HDD
VR: Quest 3 (Current), HP Reverb G1 (Shelved)