What is the transport/utility you'd love to fly in DCS?

thaisocom

What is the transport/utility you'd love to fly in DCS?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. What is the transport/utility you'd love to fly in DCS?

• Bell 212/UH-1N
    • Bell 412/CH-146
    • UH-60L/M
    • CH-47D/F
    • CH-53E
    • H145M/EC645
    • NH-90
    • AW139
    • Mi-8MTV5/Mi-17V5
    • Mi-26

since the players can move around and walk once ejecting from aircraft, it would be REALLY cool to implement it where you could fly a transport and do a search and rescue mission for that downed pilot. He could walk into the back of your heli or jump on and you could transport him back to base.

talk about immersion, that would be cool!! Once the player boards the transport he can exit mission but the player flying the transport would get points for taking the players AI self back to base.

Core i7 7700K @ 4.5

GTX 1080ti OC 11gb DDR 5

16 GB pc 3200 DDR with XMP

Crucial 500GB SSD

Crucial 1TB SSD

Asus 31.5" @ 1920x1080

Track IR

Thurstmaster pedals

Thurstmaster HOTAS Warthog

since the players can move around and walk once ejecting from aircraft, it would be REALLY cool to implement it where you could fly a transport and do a search and rescue mission for that downed pilot. He could walk into the back of your heli or jump on and you could transport him back to base.

talk about immersion, that would be cool!! Once the player boards the transport he can exit mission but the player flying the transport would get points for taking the players AI self back to base.

I've dreamed about that for years. It would be really cool in a MP environment to get picked up, flown back to base, and be allowed to walk off the helo into another aircraft.

It's on the Wish List I think...

BeachAV8R

It'd be cool for MP session. Pick up a down pilot and bring him back to base. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

When I read the title of the thread first thought was C130 but when I opened the thread it was about helicopters, so, CH47 but only if I can get my car in game too :D

Cargo1.jpg

_DSC0039.jpg

Club day out with a Chinook, and I'm the grinning idiot at the controls in the above pic :joystick:

RRSAstonChin.jpg

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

• 1 month later...

If ED or anyone else had any intentions on developing a CH-47 module, my father currently flies one for the US Army and I bet he would be interested in helping out with any research needed.

Just food for thought. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Mi-8MTV2 | MiG-21 | M-2000C | F-86F | P-51D | BS2 | UH-1H | FC3 | CA 1.5 | A-10C |

i7 2700k --EVGA GTX970 --16Gb RAM --Seiki 39" 4K --Saitek X-55 Rhino --Saitek Pro Flight Pedals --TrackIR 5 --Win10 x64

It'd be cool for MP session. Pick up a down pilot and bring him back to base. :thumbup:

It would add fidelity to game, those crazy no-remorse fighter pilots flying 20 metres from ground would learn to escape the dangerous situations instead just try to desperately win the fight.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Little off-topic

We should mix DCS and Arma

I would say more likely a Operation Flashpoint would be the better company. Just look the terrain and other graphics!

[ame]

[/ame]

I wouldn't mind and I think many other wouldn't mind either as the graphics would work almost seamlessly between DCS and Flashpoint without any oddness.

It would then really matter to fly helicopters, and especially those transport helicopters. Set those SAM sites and so on.

Add there good AI that would build camps and drive vehicles as commanded when players ain't controlling and who would need a Dynamic Campaign when in Multiplayer there would be dozens of human players doing everything?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Seeing as I couldn't pick more than one, my want's are as follows:

1. CV-22B Osprey

2. CH-53E Super Sea Stallion

3. M/UH-60A/K/L/M/S Blackhawk/Knighthawk

4. MH-53J/M

5. Mi-26 Halo

6. CH-47D Chinook

7. CH-3E/UH-3H Jolly Green/Sea King

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

1) Mi-26

2) CH53E / CH-53

3) AW101

4) NH90

5) UH-60 / SH-60

# I haven't flown helicopters but for a utility craft it's got to be that huge Mi-26. Indeed I think DCS needs wider body vehicles generally. (I'd hope to see shared cockpit for a big craft like that but I wonder if it can be flown realistically by one user?)

# I'd really like to be able to do ASW missions and mine sweeping, so a helicopter with such capabilities would be awesome.

# For a more accurate / realistic simulation I'd prefer non FBW and not something too new.

Regards, Django.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

• 4 weeks later...

I voted Chinook but the CH-53E is equal for me as it looks like such a brute. Air to air refueling would be a blast too.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

• 2 years later...