[SP] Operation Persian Power

rmk80

Got it working thanks

I too have the perpetual Spawn and instant kill of tankers and awacs......will wait with eager anticipation to see if it gets fixed :)

I think I had edited the wrong lua initially, then tried to fix by downloading the moose and got in a bad circle of problems, it is working now at least tho thanks.

Hey no probs mate, glad you got it working. I just ran the mission now as well, I'm getting the same spawn deaths too. I may get time to play around with it tomorrow, will let you know if I get it working.

I've got some international cricket to watch lol...

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Excellent Script. Thank you so much for the work.

For some reasons, I don't get my progress saved and the mission restarts itself on a new load. Do I need to do anything to get the mission saved? I did commented out the three lines in the missionscript.lua file. Any tips? Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Hello, I could change the models of client planes, I am interested in removing the M2000 and JF17 and increasing the F18 for players, but I do not know if changing them would affect the mission.

Are you by any chance working on a Supercarrier version of this mission rmk80? :music_whistling:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Are you by any chance working on a Supercarrier version of this mission rmk80? :music_whistling:

Well, I'm actually working on a new and slightly different mission concept.

But I understand your request :)

Here you go, Persian Power 0.77

Changes are:

- Supercarrier added

- Updated Moose

- Limited some of the AI units types (I commented out some of the the older types of aircraft in the script)

- Set AI ROE to Weapons Free (so AI will easier attack each other)

I haven't thoroughly tested, so maybe you can guys can do this :thumbup:

If it all works well I could also port it to Georgian Power.

Persian Power v077.miz

Edited by rmk80

Wow! That's fast!

My GF granted (:worthy:) me some DCS time this evening, so I'll be testing it then.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Well, I'm actually working on a new and slightly different mission concept.

But I understand your request :)

Here you go, Persian Power 0.77

Changes are:

- Supercarrier added

- Updated Moose

- Limited some of the AI units types (I commented out some of the the older types of aircraft in the script)

- Set AI ROE to Weapons Free (so AI will easier attack each other)

I haven't thoroughly tested, so maybe you can guys can do this :thumbup:

If it all works well I could also port it to Georgian Power.

I've been trying to get this to work for the past hour now, but I must be doing something wrong... :huh:

1. I downloaded the file (version 0.77) and placed it in the missions folder
  2. Made sure I had the dashes added to all 3 MissionScripting.lua lines
  3. Started DCS, loaded the mission and selected one of the two Hornets

I noticed right away that there are no enemy, nor allied flights active (apart from the S-3 tanker). A short while after, the E-3A AWACS and a KC-135 tanker also spawned. I flew towards one of the targets, tried to use some AGM-84E's (both missed due to my inabilities :P) and flew back to the carrier. All in it was about a 30min flight. During this entire time, no flights (enemy or allied) had spawned and the world felt empty around me :(

After that I openend the mission editor and changed spawn type to SPAWN.Takeoff.Cold, as per your directions in the OP. But when I tried the mission again, I spawned "hot" and ready to go on the cat.

Also tried version 0.7 (with the Stennis), but with exactly the same results. No spawns and no cold start.

Any idea what I could have done wrong, or forgot maybe?

(running latest OB version)

System specs:

After I removed the old save files from the game directory .77 planes started spawning as they should. I made no changes to the base mission.

Eric

Could you please explain to me how to remove the save files? What files and where are they located?

System specs:

Could you please explain to me how to remove the save files? What files and where are they located?

PersianPowerSaveGame.lua

PersianPowerUnitCount.lua

There are located in your DCS World game directory (Where ever you installed DCS World)

Any idea what I could have done wrong, or forgot maybe?

(running latest OB version)

I think Eric is right. If you commented out the lines in Missionscripting.lua all shoulld work as intended. Try if deleting the save files fixes it.

Also, I designed the mission to work on stable version, Maybe that could cause some problems.

If it still doesn't work, can you post your log file after running the mission?

It is in the Saved Games (Opgeslagen Spellen) folder.

It seems removing the save files did help indeed. After 30 seconds orso, the first allied flight began to spawn :thumbup:

As for my other question, regarding cold and dark start. Maybe I misunderstood, but should changing "SPAWN.Takeoff.hot" into "SPAWN.Takeoff.Cold" have impact on the clients start, or is that meant to change the way AI starts?

I changed it to SPAWN.Takeoff.Cold, but I still start Hot and ready to go on cat1 in the Hornet

(added the log file)

Oh, and by the way:

• PersianPowerSaveGame.lua
  • PersianPowerUnitCount.lua

Are both located in the game directory (C:\Games\DCS World OpenBeta), not in the saved games folder :smilewink:

dcs log.zip

System specs:

Nice to hear it works :thumbup:

The spawnType only applies to AI units.

If you like the client units to start from cold & dark, you need to edit the unit in the mission editor.

So far I have only added hot start slots, but it might be a good idea to add some cold ones as well.

The save files are indeed in the main game folder, I was referring to the location of your log files

Log files look ok, no mission related issues

I've had trouble getting Persian Power to save between missions. I've commented out the lines in MissionScripting. This is the error I have in my log file:

2020-06-08 16:53:17.594 ERROR VFS: VFS_open_write: CreateFile(PersianPowerSaveGame.lua): Access is denied.

2020-06-08 16:53:17.594 INFO SCRIPTING: Error in timer function: [string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00002833.lua"]:98: attempt to index global 'File' (a nil value)

2020-06-08 16:53:17.594 INFO SCRIPTING: stack traceback:

[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00002F51.lua"]:6076: in function <[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00002F51.lua"]:6073>

[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00002833.lua"]:98: in function 'writemission'

[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00002833.lua"]:222: in function <[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00002833.lua"]:172>

(tail call): ?

[C]: in function 'xpcall'

[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00002F51.lua"]:6129: in function <[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00002F51.lua"]:6065>

2020-06-08 16:53:17.649 ERROR VFS: VFS_open_write: CreateFile(PersianPowerUnitCount.lua): Access is denied.

2020-06-08 16:53:17.649 INFO SCRIPTING: Error in timer function: [string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00002833.lua"]:98: attempt to index global 'File' (a nil value)

2020-06-08 16:53:17.649 INFO SCRIPTING: stack traceback:

[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00002F51.lua"]:6076: in function <[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00002F51.lua"]:6073>

[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00002833.lua"]:98: in function 'writemission'

[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis000070B0.lua"]:145: in function 'saveData'

[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis000070B0.lua"]:1929: in function <[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis000070B0.lua"]:1918>

[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00002F51.lua"]:6129: in function <[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00002F51.lua"]:6065>

Any help would be really appreciated!

Edit: Ran DCS as an admin and that solved the issue.

Edited by Abr

I've had trouble getting Persian Power to save between missions. I've commented out the lines in MissionScripting. This is the error I have in my log file:

2020-06-08 16:53:17.594 ERROR VFS: VFS_open_write: CreateFile(PersianPowerSaveGame.lua): Access is denied.

2020-06-08 16:53:17.594 INFO SCRIPTING: Error in timer function: [string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00002833.lua"]:98: attempt to index global 'File' (a nil value)

2020-06-08 16:53:17.594 INFO SCRIPTING: stack traceback:

[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00002833.lua"]:222: in function <[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00002833.lua"]:172>

2020-06-08 16:53:17.649 ERROR VFS: VFS_open_write: CreateFile(PersianPowerUnitCount.lua): Access is denied.

2020-06-08 16:53:17.649 INFO SCRIPTING: Error in timer function: [string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis00002833.lua"]:98: attempt to index global 'File' (a nil value)

2020-06-08 16:53:17.649 INFO SCRIPTING: stack traceback:

[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis000070B0.lua"]:145: in function 'saveData'

[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis000070B0.lua"]:1929: in function <[string "C:\Users\owner\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS.openbeta\/~mis000070B0.lua"]:1918>

Any help would be really appreciated!

Edit: Ran DCS as an admin and that solved the issue.

I dont have any experience in mission scripting, but maybe writing the savefile in user directory (like Saved Games/DCS) may solve the future cases regarding permission writing in system drive/directory like C:

If I can make some time I will try it and let you guys know

Hello rmk80,

first of all - thank you for this magnificent dynamic mission experience! It has served my squadron pretty well over last few days. I have a question, though. The ground units are now being spawned randomly around the airports that belong to each coalition. This makes them appear in weird locations, like inside the buildings or on top of the roofs (see the screenshot attached). Would it be possible to make the units spawn around certain trigger zones set in the mission editor, to make this less-likely to happen? A trigger zone can be adjusted and placed far from the buildings.

Thanks,

Barthek

Screen_200606_135101.thumb.png.84746fe1d786535d0cf5f0eef74d32df.png

Edited by Barthek

Hi Barthek, thank you for your kind words. Glad you are enjoying it.

The ground units have always been spawned at random locations around the airport.

I must admit this sometimes lead to funny situations like your screenshot.:megalol:

I could of course manually place trigger zones in which units can spawn.

However I am a rather lazy mission builder, so i'd rather generate positions by scripting.

So far the placement algorithm only checks if units are placed on land, and not in water or on the runway. I'm using the same function in the new mission I'm building. Let me see if I can improve the algorithm to also look for nearby building/statics. If this works, I can easily port it to the Persian Power missions.

[EDIT] There you go, version 0.78 with improved placement algorithm. Note that you must delete your save files (reset mission) to take effect of this. You shouldn't see any units on houses anymore.

Persian Power v078.miz

Edited by rmk80
Added updated mission

Hi rmk80

It appears you placed some static object over the Supercarrier foul line, which results in an LSO "Wave off, foul deck" message. I moved them a bit and the problem was solved

I seriously enjoy your mission. Moving over to 0.78 now :thumbup:

Screen_200610_211321.jpg.6da14758d1a0d921ed669373086807c6.jpg

System specs: