Skullz Genuine Huey Sound Mod

sSkullZnBoneZz

I literally managed to run it 5 minutes ago.

There are 2 folders inside mod.

1. MODS

2. SOUNDS

1. MODS - copy to main directory like before C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods

2. SOUNDS - copy to your user folder like: C:\Users\<yourName>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Sounds

This one was just created. It was not existing.

Thanks a lot!

Yes, I just found info that this might work (see my edit to my last post, probably done after you quoted me and before I saw your answer...), and you just proved it!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get this amazing mod working :D I installed this on latest non-beta 2.5.5.41371 Steam edition (and latest sound mod 3.0.7z version) with OGVME, and everything sounds great, except the rotor sound while in cockpit flying. The volume transitions when flying up and down are too harsh. It feels like it goes from 0 to 100 instantly and shuts down very abrupt also. Does anybody have experience with this? Thanks in forward :)

Edited by johannbach

@kristod76

1. MODS - copy to main directory like before C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods

2. SOUNDS - copy to your user folder like: C:\Users\<yourName>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Sounds

This one was just created. It was not existing.

C:\Users\<yourName>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Sounds

In this folder there's already a single default folder called Sounders. Do I just put skulls Sounds folder next to it, or copy and paste the contents (Effects and sdef) next to the Sounders folder (so inside Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Sounds)?

• 2 months later...

Hi, I've got a problem with your mod, I installed this mod manually but seems the low RPM warning sound is still the default one, I've checked all the files but don't know where the problem is...

• 1 month later...
@kristod76

C:\Users\<yourName>\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Sounds

In this folder there's already a single default folder called Sounders. Do I just put skulls Sounds folder next to it, or copy and paste the contents (Effects and sdef) next to the Sounders folder (so inside Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Sounds)?

Sounders. You mean sounds folder? I think it’s working but the low rotor sound is still default.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I’m glad to see that my mod is still relevant to the DCS community given that I released it in 2016. Apparently, due to a DCS update the folder structure for the sound files have been changed. I have not done anything with this mod in quite some time but since the community still uses it I will do my best to update it so that you can use it with DCS 2.5.6; hopefully, by the end of August.

Edited by sSkullZnBoneZz

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

Hey guys, I’m glad to see that my mod is still relevant to the DCS community given that I released it in 2016. Apparently, due to a DCS update the folder structure for the sound files have been changed. I have not done anything with this mod in quite some time but since the community still uses it I will do my best to update it so that you can use it with DCS 2.5.6; hopefully, by the end of August.

I wouldn't fly the Huey without it buddy! thanks! :smilewink:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I Use it every time.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

***UPDATE***

All, I have updated the sound mod to be used in your saved games folder, I was prepared to spend some time trying to figure out the new folder structure but I stumbled on a post made by user petsild on DCS forums who already figured out a way to use this mod as it is by simply dropping the sounds folder into your saved games folder. I also did some slight volume adjustments to the distant rotor sound and tweaked the wav file to eliminate a slight sound anomaly. Download here:

https://mega.nz/file/sVYWiaSB#y-qW9TJ3hOvGijwShjzlsHFoCWZFY-g3K3ArC7IkObU

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

All, I have updated the sound mod to be used in your saved games folder, I was prepared to spend some time trying to figure out the new folder structure but I stumbled on a post made by user petsild on DCS forums who already figured out a way to use this mod as it is by simply dropping the sounds folder into your saved games folder. I also did some slight volume adjustments to the distant rotor sound and tweaked the wav file to eliminate a slight sound anomaly. Download here:

Awesome Bro! Many thanks for your efforts for putting this bad boy all together in the first place!!! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Awesome Bro! Many thanks for your efforts for putting this bad boy all together in the first place!!! :thumbup:

Thanks, glad you like it!

Nice sound Hueye was improve :D, large thankses the author of mode.

Thanks, and thank you for figuring out how to place this mod in the saved games folder, you saved me a lot of time trying to figure it out.

Gonna have to get the Huey now!

She's an awesome bird! Especially coupled with Skullz's sound! Sound is so immersive. :thumbup:

Singing ; IIIIII AMMM LOOOOVVIING THIS MOD THAAAAANK YOU :-D

+100

MANY MANY THANKS <3

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

First, big 'Thank You!' for this MOD, indeed!

I compared the v3.0 with this v3.01 and noticed the 8 files previously going to '[Game Folder]\Mods\Aircraft\Uh-1H\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit' are now missing. Is this by intention or just a mistake?

Should they go to '[saved Games DCS *]\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit' similar to the 3 sound files previously in the Mods directory?

Also, think it would be a good thing to add this to the first post.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

First, big 'Thank You!' for this MOD, indeed!

I compared the v3.0 with this v3.01 and noticed the 8 files previously going to '[Game Folder]\Mods\Aircraft\Uh-1H\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit' are now missing. Is this by intention or just a mistake?

Should they go to '[saved Games DCS *]\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit' similar to the 3 sound files previously in the Mods directory?

Also, think it would be a good thing to add this to the first post.

Thanks!

There should not be any missing files, I’ll have to check mine. I tested it several times and it sounded right to me. You should place the downloaded file into your saved games folder. It is already setup folder wise.

Some Examples of the harmless files and folder differences in v3.0 vs v3.01

EXCELLENT SOUNDS!

It looks like the zip file v3.01 is smaller than v3.0.

v3.0 = 124 MB 89 Files, 30 Folders

v3.01 = 117 MB 64 Files, 14 Folders

The v3.0 has a Mods folder, and v3.01 does not -(part of moving to Saved Games Folder?)

The Sounds Folder in v3.01 is 3 MB smaller and has fewer Files and Folders compared to v3.0.

Also, v3.0 has more sound files that look like copies of the same files in Folder

For Example: see v3.0 (Sounds >Effects> Aircrafts > Engines)

Other folders in v3.0 like Sounds > sdef > Aircraft> Engines / Uh-1H are other examples of extra folders with names like Original and Testing.

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
Corrected typos on v3.1 should be v3.01.
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]