Please ED give us Black Smoke when starting the engine

wizav

Yes please

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am not sure if these engines when they were "brand new" and had been used probably very frequently blew out a grey smoke like that on startup.

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

ED wanted to make black smoke or smoke effects for Warbirds, i was reading it few month ago in one of the news letters.

On full rich mixture there should be a black smoke coming from exaust, even more wirh Luftwaffe fighters due to the fuel they used.

Engine run daily will not smoke like that during start up.

That really depends on the condition of the engine and the preflight procedures. One of the preflight procedures for a radial, inverted “V” or “inverted inline, is to pull through the engine cylinders by pulling the prop through a specific number of 360 degree rotations to clear oil from the lowest cylinder heads and oil sumps. That is why you SOMETIMES see black or blue smoke from the exhausts. Another cause of the smoke in regular “V” or “in-line” engines is worn valves or valve guides, just like in your vehicles.

If you want ”immersion” in DCS as in the other WWll sim, you also need flames from the exhaust tips as they have. Just soot around the tips just doesn’t do it. The original Flying Tigers in China used to find and attack Japanese bombers at night by locating their engine exhausts. I’ve read that the Tigers were very successful at that.

P.S. @Wizav, as an aircraft mechanic, I love your signature.

Edited by Balzarog

When all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

i-7 8700K Coffee Lake 5 GHz OC CPU, 32GB Corsair 3200 RAM, GTX1080 Ti 11Gb VRAM. Controls - Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S., Saitek Pro rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Oculus Rift S, Rift CV1

That really depends on the condition of the engine and the preflight procedures. One of the preflight procedures for a radial, inverted “V” or “inverted inline, is to pull through the engine cylinders by pulling the prop through a specific number of 360 degree rotations to clear oil from the lowest cylinder heads and oil sumps. That is why you SOMETIMES see black or blue smoke from the exhausts. Another cause of the smoke in regular “V” or “in-line” engines is worn valves or valve guides, just like in your vehicles.

If you want ”immersion” in DCS as in the other WWll sim, you also need flames from the exhaust tips as they have. Just soot around the tips just doesn’t do it. The original Flying Tigers in China used to find and attack Japanese bombers at night by locating their engine exhausts. I’ve read that the Tigers were very successful at that.

P.S. @Wizav, as an aircraft mechanic, I love your signature.

:megalol::megalol:

I like it as well ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]