Helicopters Tournament 10

Alpenwolf

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was first time multiplayer for me and unfortunately probably my last. I could not deal with slide show even on my high-end system.. not fun. Back to 2.5.5 single playing.

I am very sad for this.

But thankyou guys

this had so much potential.

Going MP was the best thing that happened for my simulation flying. Yes this tournament comes under the MP's umbrella, but cannot be categorized as MP itself. If it was your first MP experience, then you chose to jump over ten steps in one go, which is not the way to go MP at all.

Do not get discouraged from MP, bro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Going MP was the best thing that happened for my simulation flying. Yes this tournament comes under the MP's umbrella, but cannot be categorized as MP itself. If it was your first MP experience, then you chose to jump over ten steps in one go, which is not the way to go MP at all.

Do not get discouraged from MP, bro.

I am not discouraged with mp I am discouraged with stutters and slide show, too low fps for proper smoothness. I am in VR and for me immersive is first. When ED fixes performance I'll try mp again.

Edited by vracan

So...WHO WON??? (besides all of us because we're all winners)

Red could've had been the winner. It looked like it, but there was a problem in the CTLD script (deploying troops, etc.) so there can't be an official result for it, I'm afraid.

Next round will include all weapons. No capturing zones, but rather destroying vital areas so Mi-8's and UH-1's don't need to worry about capturing anything. However, I might include sling loading tasks for the Hip and the Huey if that hopefully fits in the mission's scenario. I'll try and figure something out.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

perhaps giving the huey and Hip the ability to transport mortar and anti-air teams might give additional lethality. Hard to go against stand off weapons when you have none. just an idea to kick around for a future tournament...again thanks for putting these on.....a lot of fun

It also seemed in Mav's stream that the blue ground units were happy to engage, but the reds soldiers didn't open fire. Was there a mix up in the ROE or was this just the usual DCS hickup?

That's a DCS issue. I have the same problem with my missions for the Cold War server.

perhaps giving the huey and Hip the ability to transport mortar and anti-air teams might give additional lethality. Hard to go against stand off weapons when you have none. just an idea to kick around for a future tournament...again thanks for putting these on.....a lot of fun

As I've said before, next round will have no CTLD troops insertion tasks, but new challenges with all weapons available.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Red could've had been the winner. It looked like it, but there was a problem in the CTLD script (deploying troops, etc.) so there can't be an official result for it, I'm afraid.

Next round will include all weapons. No capturing zones, but rather destroying vital areas so Mi-8's and UH-1's don't need to worry about capturing anything. However, I might include sling loading tasks for the Hip and the Huey if that hopefully fits in the mission's scenario. I'll try and figure something out.

Sounds amazing. No matter what you decide, count me in!!!

other than the Russian one...is there another stream of the tourney? LOL... sorry my Russian is weak

I beleive 104th maverick made one but I dont think he uploaded to youtube yet. You can watch on twitch though

edit: he did upload

Edited by vracan

• 1 year later...

I love the Huey. I made a short video about 3 months ago just for the fun of it.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

On 5/19/2021 at 2:56 PM, =Mac= said:

I love the Huey. I made a short video about 3 months ago just for the fun of it.

Nice one! And very intriguing to get me to do the next round in the Syria map. Unfortunately, many players don't have the map or can't afford to fly on it. Shame. Caucasus or PG it is then, I guess.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

On 5/20/2021 at 6:20 PM, Alpenwolf said:

Nice one! And very intriguing to get me to do the next round in the Syria map. Unfortunately, many players don't have the map or can't afford to fly on it. Shame. Caucasus or PG it is then, I guess.

Okay. I'll fly... let me think...everyone will have the Caucasus map... Novorossisk! In the winter. I'll fly that today, if I can get the time. Otherwise, tonight or tomorrow! Just for you, Alpenwolf!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...