Huey Cargo Hook-up Problem

MikePotten

Hi Guys, I have spent many an hour trying, have reviewed all previous treads, watched countless vids etc. but I cannot for the life of me get the Huey to hook to any cargo either whilst on the ground or hovering low and stable above it. I have logged hours on real helo's so can assure you that I am trimmed, stable and inside the suggest parameters but to no avail. I'd really like to be able to dangle some cargo about so would appreciate any help or guidance please. I am on v2.5.3.

Thanks in advance

Mike P

Callsign 'Rainbow'

There are two things you need to do in order to pick up a crate - 1. Select the crate from the radio menu and 2. Map and press the external cargo - hook binding. To select a crate, press /, then go into the cargo menu, and select a crate - the crates are ordered by proximity with the one closest to you at the top. Once selected, red smoke will pop on top of the crate (if you are more than 50ft or so away) to show you it's been selected. Then simply either land next to it or hover over it until you see 'hovering above cargo' and then press the button to hook the cargo and wait for confirmation its been hooked before moving.

• 2 weeks later...

My thanks to all who have responded to this post. However, I have tried all suggested methods and again, as stated in my original post, I have also follows online video's step-by-step but to no-avail. i.e. I can select cargo, see red smoke, move close enough to not see red smoke, press the hook button whilst in external view, cable never appears, nothing further happens.

So, does cargo have to be a max weight to hook, is there a restriction on what cargo the Huey can lift, can it only lift the Huey sling loads?

Would really love to get hauling freight, further help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mike

Are you landing close to the cargo and pressing the auto hook?

You need to be really close. And I don't know if it works from external view. But if you stay in the pilot seat and are close enough you will see the hook and sling basically bouncing towards the cargo and eventually jump ontopp and connect.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Hi, thanks for responding Holton181. Yes I've been so close I've hit the cargo on many occasions. As far as I am aware there is no auto-hook options only auto 'un-hook'. But I've watched Grimreapers vids and seen the hook and sling bouncing when they press hook-up. But for me, still noting works.

Thanks for trying though.

Mike

Callsign ' Rainbow'

Hi, thanks for responding Holton181. Yes I've been so close I've hit the cargo on many occasions. As far as I am aware there is no auto-hook options only auto 'un-hook'. But I've watched Grimreapers vids and seen the hook and sling bouncing when they press hook-up. But for me, still noting works.

Thanks for trying though.

Mike

Callsign ' Rainbow'

To be honest I haven't tried the landing and pressing auto hook in 2.5 in quite a while, so I can't guarantee it's not bugged. But I recently did hovering pickup that worked.

Have you tried the cargo indicator or whatever it's called? The greenish square with a red cross. It doesn't only indicate if you are within lateral limits but also vertical (scale to the right). If you haven't, give it a try. If only to learn to determine the limits visually.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5