how is MSI GT72VR for a10c with an Oculus Rift ?

sixto

hello all. i want to buy a decent gaming laptop to use with an oculus rift and with a10c . What do you think about this msi model MSI GT72VR with a 1070 nvidia ? . do you think it gives me enough fps and visual confort to play the a10c with the oculus ? or do you think i need better performance ? thanks a lot for recomendations.

• 10 months later...

I play on a desktop with a 1070 and the game is absolutely playable (with the appropriate graphic settings). A 1080 wouldn't add much to performance. If you want to boost up you need a 1080ti (but the price boosts up too)

But I don't know if mobile versions of nvidia 10x series have the same performances of desktop ones

Edited by nessuno0505

But I don't know if mobile versions of nvidia 10x series have the same performances of desktop ones

You can do a lot by installing unofficial drivers, but the main problem with the GT72 will be heat. That will significally throttle the performance of the 1070. Furthermore, the i7-6700HQ is lacking in single-thread performance for the pricetag it asks.

For now, I would forgo on trying to do DCS VR on a laptop

• 1 month later...

I have a Acer Predator 17X w/i7-7720?? CPU 32 GG dd4ram, 1080 gpu w/8gb vram, 500gb Ssd and a 1tb hdd. I works marvelous with my oculus in dcs and xp11 you can overcome lock two straps if you want but I’ve not see it necessary unless I’m running a bunch of stuff in the background you also have a couple of fan setting to keep it cool. I don’t run oculus when in dcs since its not needed in 2.5.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

hello all. i want to buy a decent gaming laptop to use with an oculus rift and with a10c . What do you think about this msi model MSI GT72VR with a 1070 nvidia ? . do you think it gives me enough fps and visual confort to play the a10c with the oculus ? or do you think i need better performance ? thanks a lot for recomendations.
I had the gt73vr with i7-7820hk and GTX...with OR i was not satisfied..no matter the settings it was always 45fps..while not in Vr it was quite good also with high settings

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽   🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png