[DCS World - A10-C] - RWR Audio Expansion

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm using this mod with 1.5 release and I'm loving it. I have some of the audios customised with some new sounds from BMS 4.33.

Problem is, there are those sounds that are meant to be played in a certain way like it used to in BMS, like those fraction of a second sounds looping in DCS to make a repetitive annoying noise or something, I'm not entirely certain how those audios are supposed to work but I'm pretty sure those fraction of a second sounds aren't supposed to loop so fast and repetitively.

So is there a way to stop the looping & make the sound go off when the RWR updates (?) for example, I'm quite the newbie in jets & sims so I don't really know how it works.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Problem is, there are those sounds that are meant to be played in a certain way like it used to in BMS, like those fraction of a second sounds looping in DCS to make a repetitive annoying noise or something, I'm not entirely certain how those audios are supposed to work but I'm pretty sure those fraction of a second sounds aren't supposed to loop so fast and repetitively.

What one? The "squeaky, flatulent" one?

Honestly don't know which way they're supposed even sound is I've never been in an 810 before a real one anyway

• 3 months later...

Im trying to mess with the ALR-87 script lua to get this to work with the F-5E. The problem is I'm currently having problems getting the RWR to work normally, haha.

BTW thank you for this mod.. I dont even fly the A-10, but I'm excited to see this mod flourish in the upcoming F/A-18C. I really hope ED brings radar audio someday. The generic ping really throws off the immersion for me. Real life pilots have made use of raw RWR pulse audio for decades to help inform them on the threat environment.

Edited by Beamscanner

• 1 month later...

I am trying to get this mod to work with FC3.

Can anyone help me interpret this lua script

function onEvent_search(emitterType)
if sndSearchDefault ~= nil then
	ED_AudioAPI.playSourceOnce(sndSearchDefault)
end
end

I added my new sound file (the SA-6)as so

sndSearchDefault = ED_AudioAPI.createSource(host, RWR_soundsPath .. "SearchNewUS")
SA6acqsnd        = ED_AudioAPI.createSource(host, RWR_soundsPath .. "SA6acq")
sndLockDefault   = ED_AudioAPI.createSource(host, RWR_soundsPath .. "LockNewUS")
sndLaunchWarning = ED_AudioAPI.createSource(host, RWR_soundsPath .. "LaunchWarningUS")
sndNewThreat     = ED_AudioAPI.createSource(host, RWR_soundsPath .. "ThreatNewUS")

And tried to alter the function like this

function onEvent_search(KUB_1C91)
if SA6acqsnd ~= nil then
	ED_AudioAPI.playSourceOnce(SA6acqsnd)
end
end

Am I going about this the wrong way?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Little feedback (I apologise for my poor English), so I installed this mod, and all the sounds work fine, however, ever since I installed the mod Mirage, Mig21 and F5 appear as Unknown radar type on my RWR, as in they got an "U" as symbol on the RWR and the standard threat / lock sound, any way of fixing this? I noticed on the ALR69_param.lua file they do appear on the symbols except for 21 list as:

{F_5E_, "F5"},

{Mirage_, "M2"},

so I don't really get why their symbols just disappear, I've checked they're also at the --Air Units list (again except 21):

{Mirage_, SoundsPathExpanded .. "MIRAGE"},

{F_5E_, SoundsPathExpanded .. "F5"},

the .ogg sounds are also there (except 21) and it seems it's the correct name too, so I guess I'm missing something with the unit names

in the .lua?

If it's somehow helpful I did the test with the A10C both in single and multiplayer, also tried downloading several times in case the files were corrupted during the download.

Any idea about how to fix the first problem? Thanks in advance, really enjoy your mod even without the F5 and M2 thing, great work in there, thanks for uploading! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not much point in trying until the RWR/EW pages are implemented. Far too much missing at the moment.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Need to get this to work with f16!

Yes please!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

• 6 months later...

Hm, installed it via OvGME but for some reason i still get vanilla sounds. No change at all.

edit: nvm, got it working. Was putting the sound files in the wrong folder O.o

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Kailux

Gone for good.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
59 minutes ago, nakushh said:

Hello minsky, the google drive link its not working , can u please reupload it pls , i been looking to try this mod 

The mod never worked properly in modern DCS. Merely made the RWR sound a bit different. So I no longer have it, sorry.

• Thanks 1

Dima | My DCS uploads