[INVESTIGATING] Strange flgiht behavior - Page 11 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-19-2019, 09:52 PM   #101
EvanWeeks

It may or may not be related, but I found that the TGP induces ever so slight amounts of yaw drag on the right. I have to trim rudder left slightly to compensate if I'm carrying the TGP. If you try to trim it out with roll, you end up slowly rolling left no matter what you do.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:53 AM   #102
Paveway333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Many thanks, we are pretty sure the TCTS pod is the culprit, and it is used in many inf the included instant action missions.

Thanks
Don't know if this bug has been found internally yet, but as of today me and 3 others experienced this during our own mp session.

4 Jets, started Parking Hot with all weapons already loaded.
100% Fuel, 2x Wing Tanks, 2x mk84 and 4x Aim9L,
Persian Gulf, no wind.
Id say we all noticed this issue pretty early in flight, so low fuel state seems not to be the issue.

Have noticed this issue earlier playing around in the editor, was really easy to spot when you fastforward time. Double checked using rctrl+enter making sure no inputs were made from stick or rudder.
Paveway333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 01:44 PM   #103
regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by uri_ba View Post
Unless that is the bug

I'd say that it's not a bug.. it's a feature...
Let's not forget that the Viper is a weapons platform that happens to fly to the theatre on the double.

I flew several single piston GA planes over the years and I can tell you.... You really have to work hard and precise on your pedals, especially in crosswind

conditions.
My feelings about this EA Viper are mainly positive, despite of some functions that are still under construction.

Thumps up for mister Wagner and his team
regards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:28 PM   #104
Kazansky222

I got this weird problem today happen, I was on a multiplayer server, I had just fired my final a2a weapon and was clean except for pylons running at low altitude around mach 1, low on fuel about 500lbs and the plane just started to oscillate by itself, uncontrollably, until my pilot blacked out and crashed into the ground.

*edit and I'm pretty much certain I wasn't hit by anything as I was being guided by GCI and nothing was within weapon parameters, but I'll check the tacview when it becomes available.*

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 195.201.110.22
Kazansky222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 01:47 AM   #105
Emmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by uri_ba View Post
When engine spools up rapidly, the interia from the engine should induce a roll left and Pretty aggressive one too.

Maybe this is modeled, but not tied into fan acceleration/deceleration but rather to RPM. (Constant RPM is neutral)
By this logic, the M2000 should also do this but I don’t recall it ever being reported.
Emmy is online now   Reply With Quote